SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
polardreams

Wedding quilt FINALLY finished!!!

polardream
7 years ago

This is a quilt that one of my dearest friends wanted to make for her son's wedding next weekend, but she really isn't a quilter, so she enlisted my help. We came up with the center square design where she used 9 photos that had meaning to them, but that only made a 60" square and she wanted something queen-sized and would hang down like a bedspread. She had most of the fabrics that she wanted to use, we just had to figure out how they would play together. To make it larger, I added borders and made the star squares for her (actually, after she sewed what I told her to do on the center squares, I finished the quilt!) The quilt ended up 102" square and I couldn't get the same fabric in a wide width, so I pieced the back and because my friend wanted it COLORFUL, I added strips of the fabrics we used on the front. I finished the quilting and binding last night, trimmed all the threads today, and she came to pick it up this afternoon. She loved it, so I hope the wedding couple does, as well.

To surprise them, I made pillow shams to match the quilt. I finished them tonight so I only need to get a gift bag and now I can breathe a sigh of relief! It isn't easy wielding a queen sized quilt through my Pfaff standard machine, but got it done!
Sue

Front of the quilt

Back of the quilt

Pillow shams

Comments (22)