SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jane2516

Just because you don't drink...

Jane
7 years ago

...doesn't mean you can't CELEBRATE!

I sort of stopped drinking a couple of years ago. (I say "sort of" because I might choose to drink again in a social situation.) Didn't like the taste of alcohol much, didn't like the way it made me feel, didn't want to pay for it.

But I loved the barware, the in-home bar furniture, the concept of making special drinks, and all the beautiful glasses! The bar shower gift thread made me miss using my wine glasses. I wanted to go outside and watch the sunset while sipping a delicious, creative drink in a fun, special glass.

My Mom told me to check out the frozen juice section of my grocery store. Could not believe all the choices I found there! I loaded up on a few 100% juice concentrates for $1 each! No corn syrup! (Corn syrup and soda are also on my list of drinks to avoid.)

I brought home a can of white grape juice concentrate and now I am enjoying it reconstituted in a wine glass. Tastes remarkably like reisling. At least what I can remember about reisling. (I was one of those people who actually like reisling.)

There is more to non-alcoholic life than coffee, tea, soda and lemonade. I intend to find it.

What are your favorite non-alcoholic drink recipes?

Decorate them and post pics please!

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz