SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Concert travel update

neetsiepie
7 years ago

Well, first off, I want to say that the show was one of the best I've been to. We had terrific seats and the venue was small enough to be arena like yet intimate. All 3 bands were great and I ran in to a friend I haven't seen in years to boot! One thing I love about going to concerts is that concert goers all seem to get along so well- a diverse crowd, but we're all there for our common love of a band so we're all part of a tribe.

The arrangements actually worked out very well. My hotel was less than a mile from the venue, and my friends admitted later that they wished they had rented a room as they were not looking forward to the drive home. We all used my room to freshen up before the show.

We left my hotel early enough to grab a perfect parking space in the ADA area (we all rode in my friends car) and walked over to a brew pup for a bite and a mug before the show. We were very early-but it gave us time to use the facilities and get settled into our seats with plenty of time before the first act came on. And I was really, really grateful to shower and get into bed instead of driving back home last night. We can party like we're in our 20's, but we cannot recover like it! 3 hours of dancing on concrete does a number on the legs and back.

Comments (6)