SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
budsnblooms

UPDATE: 11,300 traveling daylilies

budsnblooms
15 years ago

{{gwi:1253366}}

Spring is just around the corner. Time for the earth to wake up and renew itself. Toward this goal we have completed a seed swap, Melinda is sponsoring a "Springing into Spring Swap" Sharon sponsored a card campaign for Nancy who is having surgery in a short while plus others are considering future activities. The TD's are finished with hibernation for the season.

If you would like to join the TD's please contact any of the members. We would love to have you.

Comments (102)

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Today was nicer than yesterday. The wind didn't blow much today so really got some things done after Church. I thought I had missed out on the mulch sale. We went to Home Depot and they were sold out and giving no rainchecks. I was so dissapointed, then my nephew said Lowe's was matching the sale. We ended up buying 56 bags. That was all they had when we got there.

Sharon-I hope you find a good deal on your mulch soon. We have a Bojangles going up here and will soon be open. I hope it gives some school kids Summer jobs here. I know those eating places don't pay much but it's better than nothing.

Shirley

• juspeachy
    15 years ago

Hi all,

Just a quick stop to say hi, hope everyone is doing great.

Friday the weatherman said it was supposed to be in the 50's this weekend. Sat. he says its not gonna get above 40, and lows in the 20's. Today (sun)he says we are gonna be in the single digits tonight. And not much above 30 here for the high.And even colder for tomorrow.

What i would like to know is "what the heck happened to the 50's??????????"

Sure would love to have a job where i could mess up all the time, and still get a good paycheck. lol

Nancy,
    so good to see you. =)

Melanie,
    I will e-mail you with a bunch of info. It sure is amazing!
    We have an aquaintence who was diagnosed with cancer,told him there was nothing they could do for him, they gave him 6 mos. He quit his job, and decided to try the homeopathic therapy, he had nothing to lose.
    That was over 10 years ago, he is still here and doing quite well. The cancer faded and he is in full remission.
    If it can help him, I am sure it can help my dh.

Well, gettin late, time for a good nights sleep, I am not normally up this late. But, we had friends here till a little while ago, and i decided to come here before i went to bed.

Take care everyone, stay safe,
    hugs,
    Jo

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: 11,200 Traveling Daylilies

Q

Comments (102)
    Good Morning all! I see it has changed some since I was last here! Hurray! Come on out the rest of you! It doesn't have to be a big box, just a little token of friendship and celebrating coming spring, which I think everyone is so ready for!! Sorry, I haven't been on much. My grandson is down with the flu! Not sure if it is a 48 hr. thing or if he should start getting better today! Just in time for me to get, as we are suppose to go to Springdale for my granddaughter's 13th birthday party Saturday! And I certainly don't want to miss it! She's my only girl and she is a girly girl!! Oh Lord! Mareas-so glad things are going better for you! I would love to see where you live! I bet it is very gorgeous there! Welcome to the little swap! Please stop in and post whenever you can! And everyone else also! Sharon-wonderful for you to join! (and everyone else also!) I know what you mean about peeking at your seeds every morning! I have broccoli, brussel sprouts, peppers, tomatoes, ornamental peppers, and other items, besides my flowers are waiting to pop up. I now have 6 lemon meyer seedlings about an inch tall! I peek at them several times daily!! For those of you who would join if was a little later-just send a little yard ornament or trinket and nice note with an IOU for a plant when they come up! It's not about what we get, just the fun in knowing someone is thinking of you and cares enough to send a little something! Soemthing to pick up everyone's spirits in the lousy economy everyone is having these days! Shirley-I hope things are going better with your Mom. Please keep us posted! I will continue to keep you and her in my prayers. Ok so now we are at: Melinda Gloria Nancy Paul Debbie Marea Sharon Looking good! Would love to see others coming out and posting to say hello even if don't want to swap! Love to get to know more of you better! Have a great day! Melinda
    ...See More

UPDATE: Traveling Daylilies (Photo 13)

Q

Comments (92)
    Here's some Iris that I don't have names for. If any of you do, I would appreciate knowing. This has a smaller than normal bloom although the scapes are the height of any TBI. This is not the true color of this iris. It is a deep rust red and it's scapes/blooms are just over the leaves.Making it much shorter than the TBI..I don't know much about Iris but I know this type must have it's own name...is it a Standard? a Border? any one want to guess what it is? This is a TBI and in the next picture you can see it's true color on the far right of the photo. I have no idea what this is but since many of my iris came from you, maybe someone will recognize it. This is a photo of the 3 unknowns above showing a more accurate depiction of their color and height in relation to each other. Debbie
    ...See More

UPDATE: 11,400 Traveling Daylilies

Q

Comments (100)
    Hi Everyone, We are back from our trip. It was fantastic. we had a blast. Melinda, I would love to trade with you sometime, I have a lot of dl's, but love other plants, and have many. Joy, I am so sorry to hear about your beloved kitty. we have had to do that a couple of times, one was with our very first dog my dh and i got. we had him for 18 years, it was very difficult. My heart goes out to you. Marea, Again, I am so sorry. They are family, and it hurts so much.Especially when you werent there with them. *hug* Nancy, So happy to hear that your surgery went well. Maybe you can watch someone else do the work in your gardens while you sit in the shade and relax and get better. =) Whoo hoo, I am trading with Jean. I will check your list, hope I have something on it. If not, I will send you a list of what i have, maybe you can find something. Also, I will check locally to see if there is anything i can purchase. I have a dl farm about 20 mins away. And several nurseries I have discovered in the last year. Debbie, What a great box of goodies. Marea, When do our boxes have to be sent. I may have missed it if you posted that. I am very excited to be back trading with you all again. We bought 6 blueberries, and 6 fruit trees, so got a lot of work ahead of us. Plus we have to finish our raised strawberry bed to get all our strawberry plants in. I also found a clematis I have been wanting. Fairydust!! It was the only one they had, and I nabbed it. Only $10 Got lots of cool projects planned for the garden this summer. I cant wait. hehehe Take care everyone, stay safe Hugs Jo
    ...See More

UPDATE: Traveling Daylilies (Photo 14)

Q

Comments (67)
    Morning All :) Paul nice accidental flower :) Marea,love your picture of the lily and larkspur,beautifull. Joy,what a beauty you have there.WOW!Loving the red in it. Ok heres whats blooming here in the north land. Blue Shimmers..I beleive anyways Chocolate lily Lent H Williamson Lost tag dwarf iris, Iris I got from Michigan Blub Comp..long long time ago Chocolate Lets Boggie Romeo...I beleive Pink Haze sib Raspberry Blush Unknown Red,could be Red Zigger,maybe Just like these two :) Another unknown One more unknown Peony Carol and Gold Has anyone heard from Ellen??She hasn't posted other then to ask to be in shade swap.Just wondering. Hope your not all melting in this heat. Jean
    ...See More
  • Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday!! As far as Monday's go! LOL!
    Jo- I would love to have some of the info! That is wonderful about your friend! I have several things messing up and no one seems to be able to do much about it. Lots of meds and money out and not much relief!! Just when you get time, no need to rush around. I'm here whenever!
    Several more should be getting boxes in a day or so! Will be very exciting to see how everyone likes their boxes!
    Thanks everyone for posting and bringing back some life!
    Debbie-How did the other tests go for the apnea thing? PLMK what is going on there and how you are doing!
    Everyone have a wonderful day! Hugs, Melinda

• pchanggeo
    15 years ago

Greetings ;). I managed to get the swap box out to Dianne today. Sorry for being late.

Jo, Dawn, Gloria, Nancy, and all others... great to see y'all posting.

Dawn, that greenhouse is Fantastic! I'm sure you and Talon will have lots of fun in there.

Back to work... Paul

• toomanyanimals
    15 years ago

I made a 'score' today at Lowes. I went to their outdoor area ... you have to understand it only went into the 40's today, and not many people are heading for the outdoor area at Lowes in Michigan at this time of year. Well, I headed for their clearence rack and I found a pressed compost garden edging, 16 ft in length. Enough to do my new little section of garden and it only cost $2.00. It was broken in 2 areas, but heck, for what it is, I don't care that it is broken. I also picked up some broken bags of compost and such.

I've been to our Biglot and they have some 'ok' looking metal trellises for around $15. They don't seem to be as tall or wide or metal thickness as the ones you find in the box stores. Any one ever buy their trellises? I'm getting in some more clematis and need 2 more trellises.

• veeja11
    15 years ago

So nice to see our mia's posting, you have all been greatly missed. I recieved a wonderful box from Melinda today, my favorite item was her sweet card. Also included was a cute lil welcome statue with three dogs on it. a pkg of red dutch lily bulbs. a lady bug wind sock a cute lady bug picture frame. miracle grow plant stakes, butterfly mini sticks. Thankyou Melinda I love it all. I knew Melinda's mother before her, a very gracious lady. she is missed. Paul your box finally got mailed today conf # 03082040000082296637. sorry I am late, no excuse just a case of the lazies. hugs to all. carol

• budsnblooms
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sharon your box left KY today heading north to MI. I'm sorry it is late.

Melinda...I go to the sleep lab Thursday night...I won't know anything until they schedule me back in to see the Dr. but I'll let you know what they say when I find out.
    I wanted to tell you how much fun I thought this swap was...thanks for sponsoring it.

Sending a big hug to Jo. Glad to see you back.

Head over to the picture thread to see what I found blooming in my yard.

Debbie

• toomanyanimals
    15 years ago

Oh, Debbie, you found something blooming ... over I go!

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Carol-glad you liked the box! I had fun putting it together! Good to see everyone still posting-even a post from Paul!
    Debbie-yes, please let me and others know how the test comes out! I'll be praying for you along with the others who need it! Which is pretty much everyone today! And I found your bloom!!! Isn't he adorable!
    I hope everyone has enjoyed the swap! Just a little fun to bring in the spring! I think everyone was ready for!
    The kids here are having spring break, so my son, dgt.-in-law, and granddgt. will be coming over this morning to visit. They will spend a night or so! Lots of fun!
    Well, I better go. Need to make hot rolls to have this evening.
    I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Melinda

• jaceysgranny
    15 years ago

Marea, I got my box yesterday and was so happy with what you sent. I got a big bundle of Violas which I think are Johnny Jump Ups. I love them and had them planted in my garden in MS years ago. They'll go nicely with my wild violets that are everywhere. Then there were stargazer lilies which I also love because not only are they beautiful but I love the scent of the Orientals. The card was gorgeous and the message so sweet. Then there was a painted rock that said "HOPE" which couldn't be a more perfect message for me right now and I will treasure. Thank you so much Marea for such a special box.
    Melinda, Quitman is about 10 miles from Heber Springs. I think it's about 3 hours or so from where you are.
    Hello to everyone else and will be back soon to see what's going on. Have a great day ya'll!

Nancy

• jaceysgranny
    15 years ago

Jean, I've bought two different trellis' at Big Lots here and one was copper. I've had it 4 or 5 years and it's held up great. I think it was $25.00 but the top of it is a swiveling
    sprinkler. I love it. The other is 3 sided with a bench in the middle. I bought it last year but it's still not put up. It has been sitting out in the weather since I got it and it doesn't have any rust on it. I've been well pleased with it too.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• mareas
    15 years ago

Nancy, you're very welcome! Glad you liked your little box of goodies :-) Those Johny Jump Up's are Essential to one's well being, I think.

The veterinarian I worked with so many years studied homeopathy & added that degree to her shingle. I have seen very difficult, long standing health problems resolved in just a few weeks with simply the right diet & some of those magical sugar pills!

Shirley, I remember that trellis from your photo in the past - it is so gorgeous! And so are those big hurking IRIS FANS in that photo!
    My Schreiner's catalog arrived yesterday (scented with iris perfume, I swear!) & it made me actually drool. Today I've been out sweet talking my irises & encouraging them to hurry! They're all growing, but no scapes yet... It'll be another whole month at least here.
    Looking forward to your Iris picture show this year!!

Hope you had a wonderful dinner party, Melinda!

Debbie, how many cows DO you have? You forgot to answer that on the photo thread & inquiring minds want to know...

• drgulley
    15 years ago

Hi everyone,

Gloria's box has been mailed and is on it's way! Sorry I am running a little late. Sounds like everyone is getting really nice boxes.

That is a BEAUTIFUL greenhouse posted on the photo thread. Dawn, you are one very lucky lady. Sounds like everyone is finding such really good deals everwhere. I guess I am just not looking in the right places! LOL...

Marea, Schreiner's does have really pretty iris's. They are so pretty they almost don't look real. They sure do a nice job with their catalog.

Well, I am going to call it a night. Have a good night everyone.

Dianne

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Hello! I had a marvelous day yesterday! My children were all here with their kids and we had a wonderful visit! They are all still sleeping this morning! Stayed up past my bedtime even!
    It started out very stormy and had a severe thunderstorm and my son was late coming in. I was getting pretty worried when they finally were able to call on their cell! They had got stuck behind a bad wreck were one of the girls in town got killed! That was really sad! I said a prayer for the family and feel bad, but so glad my son and them were ok.
    And guess what else?? I got a wonderful box from Sharon!! I absolutely loved it! You put quite a bit of thought in it! I got a large clump of desert icicle daylily, deep impact oriental lily, color spectacle dahlia, salmon classic LA lily, and plant markers to go with them!! I also got a set of bird ornaments for my Christmas tree next year! A pair of socks for spring with flowers on them, so cute! And inside them were lifesavers and creepy crawlers for my grandson! Very cute and well liked by them for sure!! And the card was wonderful and so cute!! Has little terry cloth robe and slippers with bath stuff by it-as this is what I need after a day of planting!! Everything had a reason for it and I loved it! Very imaginative the way you stated for the items you sent! I absolutely loved it all! You went way above items needed-but hey, who am I to complain! LOL!! Thanks so very much!!!
    Nancy, I love that trellis! And your yard looks cool! What is that flowering bush there by the trellis?
    Everyone have a great day! Looks like the boxes are all on the way!! It is fun, isn't it?
    Hugs, Melinda

• jaceysgranny
    15 years ago

Jean, I've bought two different trellis' at Big Lots here and one was copper. I've had it 4 or 5 years and it's held up great. I think it was $25.00 but the top of it is a swiveling
    sprinkler. I love it. The other is 3 sided with a bench in the middle. I bought it last year but it's still not put up. It has been sitting out in the weather since I got it and it doesn't have any rust on it. I've been well pleased with it too.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• jaceysgranny
    15 years ago

Jean, I hope you won't be too upset with me but I just got your package in the mail this morning. Sorry! Here is the confirmation #03063030000164281508.
    Melinda, the plant that was blooming in the pic with the trellis is a Philadelphus Innocence (Mock Orange). It's beautiful in full bloom and makes good stems for an arrangement. There is a star jasmine covering the trellis now so it covers up that old tv dish pole. I know you were so relieved when your son finally arrived. That storm was pretty rough for awhile there. We had to drive about 35 miles in it.
    Debbie, good luck with your sleep study. Hopefully you won't need the C-Pap machine but I've heard that it helps tremendously after you get used to it.
    Sharon, don't you just love a bargain? I got 6 bags of peat moss at Wal-Mart one year for $3 a bag and it was those huge bags.
    Hugs, to everyone,
    Nancy

• budsnblooms
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Shirley I love the photo of the trellis, but even prettier was the scenery behind it. I love the dense growth that you can step 10 steps into and close out the world for a while.

Melinda I know what you mean about being made so happy by having your dearest ones come home for a visit. I am sorry to hear about the girl getting killed in the accident. But on a happier note it sounds like Sharon sent you one teriffic box.

I will be gone to Alabama from Friday to Monday. DH and I are going with our kids to Gulf Shores. We're going again in June so I guess this is a pre-vacation. I'll take pictures of the Gulf sunsets for you.

I posted some pictures of the calves on our other thread if you want to go look.

Debbie

• toomanyanimals
    15 years ago

Yeah Man, look what I got from Debbie yesterday. Cool things all!

A beautiful card with an Iris on the front, Oriental style. I know you were forced to say those good things about me Debbie ... but all were true if I say so myself. lol

A branch with 5 birds perched on it, very life like. I can hear them chirping now. I'm still thinking of where to put it in my garden. But when I find the perfect place I will post a picture. :o)

Now for the many plants and bulbs.
    Caesar's Brother Siberian Iris - :o) I have just the place for these to grow and bloom! I really do! I'm so happy you sent this one.

A Red Peony - This one will go up to the cottage. A house down the lane has some peonies planted at the end of her driveway and it always looks so nice when they bloom. I'm going to be a 'copycat'! I will plant it in a pot now and take it up there for Easter ... unless I change my mind and find a place for it here.

Dutch Iris 'Miss Saigon' - I was surprised you wrote they weren't supposed to grow in Michigan. Maybe that is why my Tiger Eye dutch iris didn't make it before. I have an area that is at least a zone 7 climate. And I hate to admit it doesn't get watered too often so my bulbs absolutely love it there. Crossing my fingers it comes back next year.

Lycoris Radiata - Naked Ladies, I've had this bulb before too and it didn't make. So this one will go to the same zone 7 area. Good choice, you know I like it since I had it before.

OT lily 'Red Dutch' - very special indeed!!!!!!

And spring bulbs I have to plant today for sure ...
    "Juanita" Daffodils - Each flower features buttercup yellow petals and a large orange cup rimmed with yellow. Oh yeah!!!!!

Now Deb, when I posted my wants, that didn't mean you had to get me all of them, they were just ideas for you to choose from, but I'm soooo happy you did. I can't thank you enough for all these wonderful gifts! ((((Huggs from a fellow gardener))))
    sharon

• toomanyanimals
    15 years ago

Melinda, I'm glad you liked the box.

Nancy, thanks for the info. about the big lot trellises. My Big Lot doesn't have any as nice as the one in your picture though.

Marea, I have to tell you that the iris 'stop the music' you sent me last year has tripled in size this year! I can't wait for it to bloom.
    sharon

• livelyhope
    15 years ago

Hey! Hey! Hey! I go a new born day lily.
    Cutest little thing about an inch high.
    It's parents are Eye on America X Base Relief.

Thanks Sharon for the game. I will have to look in on this new born every day. And I am going to be telling you all how she is doing.

I sure am a proud daylily momma. I also crossed my orange ditch lily w/ Black Eyed Susan day lily. Can't wait to see what those look like. They are also up.

Has anyone done this before? Are the kids ugly??

Miriam

• drgulley
    15 years ago

I received a great box today from Paul. Thank you so much Paul. It really brightened my day. :O)

I got a big beautiful white amaryllis that was in bloom. What a nice surprise when I opened up the box! It was all intact. Paul did such a great job packing it. I also got a really pretty windchime. Love it!!! And...my favorite girl scout cookies, Trefoils. They won't last long. LOL.. I also got a really nice card. Thank you Paul!!!

I hope everyone is having a good week. It is nice here today but by this weekend we are supposed to be getting in the 30's at night which is a far cry from the 60's we have been having. Maybe this will be the last shot of cold weather.

Dianne

• mareas
    15 years ago

...speakings of really nice cards, thank you dear Dianne! You made my day today!!
    Lucky you to get assigned to Paul in the swap, what a great box! Hope your weather turns into Spring soon for ya!
    I have 2 daylilies on your wish list I can share: Create Your Dream & Emmerich's Loaves And Fishes. Do you still need them?

Miriam, congratulations on your new baby! (I know the feeling - I have 2 tiny green sprouts that I was dancing around about yesterday
    and made my poor DH Herb admire. He was very good & did NOT roll his eyes like he wanted to, LOL!)
    Your newborn has stellar genetics so I expect to see photos of stunningly beautiful flowers in 750 days or so... *grin*
    And your Black Eyed Susan is a tetraploid daylily & the orange ditch lilies, Fulva, are diploid, so ordinarily they can't produce
    viable seed together ~ very cool that you got seedlings! I think they could be really lovely flowers on iron strong plants with loads of blooms!
    I'm quite fond of the warm orange/yellow/red colors & there are very interesting possibilities for those babies!!

Sharon, so glad Stop The Music is doing well for you, too! That first rhizome I got from Schreiner's turned into 12 rhizomes last Spring,
    gotta love the increase alone! Hope you love those garish vivid flowers as much as I do *grin* And lucky YOU to get such a box
    from Debbie! She sent me a peony last Fall & it's growing gangbusters already this Spring, bet I get my first Peonies flowers this year!

Happy garden dreams everybody, Marea

• toomanyanimals
    15 years ago

Miriam, I'm so happy you have a new baby!!! I feel like an empty nester almost with only 3 daylily babies. I go to the basement to see them every day. Of course they have plenty of vegetables and annuals to talk to while I'm away. lol

Well, here I am, putting on my makeup at the computer with a tiny mirror ... I do this every morning. I can't find my eyeliner pencil ... I bet it is in one of the pencil drawers .... sigh. Or on the floor as a forgotten cat toy ... sigh. Or chewed up by the dog ... sigh.

Hubby is supposed to put up my greenhouse this weekend. I'm so happy! He was going to make me greenhouse shelves from closet shelves. But when we were at Home Depo yesterday we found plastic shelves ... AMERICAN MADE ... that cost less than if he would have made them himself. Oh, and the shelves have to be able to be dismantled and stored each year, so they couldn't be made of wood. The plastic shelving has holes in it, so I can put plants on each shelf.

Debbie, I found the perfect place for your 'birds on a branch'. Now I have to take a picture. :o)
    sharon

• jaceysgranny
    15 years ago

Debbie, how did your test go last night?
    Sharon, it will be so nice for you to get your Greenhouse! I know you're excited. Thank you for liking my trellis. lol You have to keep looking at Big Lots, they have different things at different times. Sometimes they only have cheaply made things but then you luck up other times.
    It does sound like the ones who've already gotten their boxes have done well.
    All you new mamas take good care of the babies. You may have a winner on your hands plus we want to see them when they open their sweet 'lil eyes! Too bad we have to wait so long.
    Nancy

• drgulley
    15 years ago

Marea, you are very welcome! And yes, I would love to trade you for those daylilies. I will be getting together what I have I can trade this weekend. Need to update my list. :O)

Miriam, you will have to send us a picture when your cross blooms. I bet it will be pretty.

Sharon, you too. Please take pictures of your greenhouse so we can see when it is finished. Sounds like it is going to be nice.

Dianne

• toomanyanimals
    15 years ago

Here is a picture of my so called 'greenhouse'. Nothing like what Dawn is getting. sigh. It is one of those portable ones. Kind of like a tent you put up and take down each year. 8x6 Picked it up for a song last spring at a Tractor supply store, last one they had. It is perfect for my needs.
    {{gwi:1253371}}

{{gwi:10494}}

• livelyhope
    15 years ago

Ahhh! Marea, I am so glad that I did not know that a cross of my wild tiger with a hybrid daylily was out of the ordinary. I probably would have never tried it. I can tell you that most of the crosses dried up and fell off. I only had one pod to produce seeds - now I have 3 seedlings.

Nancy, Dianne, and Sharon. I would love to post pictures, but I have tried many times and I just can't get it to work
    for me. I am on dial up. But, I can email them to one of you if you would be so kind as to post them for me. OK???

I had another " Eye on America X Base Relief" born today. Cutest lily darling - looks just like her sister.

I have a small greenhouse - my husband made it for me and put it on the deck. It looks just like Sharon's. That's made it possible for me to still raise my seeds and my sweet husband plants them for me. He is a wonderful help to me.

You all have a great weekend.

Miriam

• juspeachy
    15 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I am happier than a tornado in a trailer park!!

We got so much done this weekend...yahoo!!!!
    Our top priority was to enlarge our veggie garden, and extend our raised beds, and add another huge raised bed.
    Got it all done! We enlarged by about 40 sq. ft. My poor body took a beating, was sore all day yesterday, and still a bit today, but it was so worth it. So wonderful to be able to work outside, and it was just gorgeous out.
    It is very chilly today, and overcast, but at least we had sat.

Wow, those boxes sound wonderful. I really know that spring is coming.

Debbie,
    How did that test go. They wanted me to have one, but, I saw no reason to, I usually sleep like a log. lol Hope your trip is a ton of fun for you and your loved ones.
    Big hug back!

Miriam,
    Your new babies are gonna be beautiful I bet. Bas relief was on my list of "must haves". Never did get it tho. I will look forward to pics of your babies in bloom.

Sharon,
    Love your little greenhouse, just the right size. =)

Nancy,
    Love those trellis, actually, I really love almost any trellis. I have so many things to train onto them.
    I want to make a fancy one from saplings and twigs, theyare simply gorgeous when done. I have the "how to", just need the "time". I want to get that honeysuckle "harlequin" to train on it. It is so pretty.

Hope I didnt miss anyone,gotta get ready to go.

Take care everyone,
    Warm hugs to all,
    Jo

• pnwjoy54
    15 years ago

Hi everyone.

Sorry that I haven't posted in a while. I'm just not very good at posting I'm afraid. Lots to read here and will try to catch up but thought I should at least let you know I'm still around.:-)

We're having a very chilly spring so far but my daylilies are all up and growing and I have a lot of spring bulbs blooming. A lot of my seedlings have increased well and I'm hoping I'll finally get to see some blooms this year.
    Our son and our 2 youngest grandchildren (ages 3 and 4) are staying with us until early June. They've been here sense December, so it's been a little busier than normal here.

Sorry I missed out on the latest trade. But will try to get in on the next one.
    Hope you all have a happy spring. Will post again when I can read and comment on what you are all up to.
    Joy

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Some of our members are missing is everyone ok ?Sassy haven't seen you anywhere are you ok ? It is scary when someone quits posting we have no way of knowing if they are ok. so friends please let us know if you are ok. so nice to see Jo posting I was worried about her and Dawn, it's spring is there a swap for april? I could do one for april may combined a slow one started as soon as I get over this cold a white elephant would be fun. Marea just let me know. happy spring carol

• budsnblooms
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I went last Thursday for the sleep study...they put me in my room wired me up, and then discovered their equipment wasn't working. I'm rescheduled for Sunday night.

DH and I went with our DS and DIL to Gulf Shores in AL. We had a teriffic time and got to check out the place we are staying for our vacation in June. Beautiful area. The beaches have the white powdery sand, beautiful blue water and it's not as built up as most beach resort towns.

Miriam...after I get my email fixed, I will be happy to post your pictures for you. I'll let you know when I get it up and going again. When I left for the trip, everything was fine with my email. When I got back, I noticed I hadn't received a single email. It has now been a week since I have received any. If you have tried to send me something and it bounced back, this is the reason.

Carol...I will sign up for an April swap.

Big hugs to you Joy. I hope you get to join the next swap too. But even if you can't...jump in and post whenever you get a chance.

Sharon, I am so glad you liked the box I sent you...and do post a picture of the birdies I sent you when you get a chance.

I'll try to get a couple of pictures posted myself.

More later.

Debbie

• toomanyanimals
    15 years ago

Happy Spring Birthday Marea!

• toomanyanimals
    15 years ago

Speaking of April Fools .... Marea ... just joking!!!!!

I'll apologize right at the beginning if this offends anyone. I work in a hospital Laboratory, and one of the tests we do is Semen analysis. The specimens are brought to the office people, usually in a paper bag and they bring it back to us. Well, one particular office worker, let's call her Ann will never look at 'those' specimens.

A man who works elsewhere in the hospital, who is newly divorced and dating was approached by one of Ann's co-workers (not me) and asked to help perform an April Fools joke on Ann. He went to Ann, who he is pretty good friends with, and told her that the lady he has been dating says she is pregnant and he is the father. Well, Ann is aware that the man has had a Vastectomy. He asks if he can bring her a 'specimen' and if she could get one of us Medical Technologist to perform a fertility test on it, he is very certain he is not the Dad. She agrees. He brings the specimen in a paper bag (white liquid soap, just incase she peeks, which she does not!). All of us in the back are fully aware of this joke, not knowing who she will ask to perform the test. She asks one of the men (this guy is super nice), who agrees and performs the test. He tells her that Vasectomy hadn't worked since there were many sperm present. She has to go back to her friend and tell him he is going to be a proud papa. She tells him thinking he will be very upset at the news .... he hugs her laughing yelling 'April Fools'.
    Gotta love the types of jokes we can do in the Lab. LOL

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Good morning all! Sorry, I have been absent for awhile! I have been trying to clean the "horrible ice storm mess"! !
    I don't know if we'll ever get it all cleaned up or not!
    Been having to rake every area as many limbs are down in the ground and grass is growing around and can't find them all. Still chainsawing limbs and burning brush! Burned 4 piles over 8 feet tall and about 12 feet around. Still have probably 5 or 6 more like that to go. I want to be doing other things but can't until this is all taken care of. Been working on it for months. And I am not a spring chicken anymore, that is for sure! LOl!
    Sharon-that joke is too funny! I know as a nurse we did lots of jokes that we thought were funny, and I am sure most people wouldn't! You just gotta have a sense of humor with all the sadness around!
    Debbie-so sorry you have to still go and do the test again! But the pics of your vacation site are lovely and of the family also!! Please don't forget to let us know what the tests say!
    Joy, good to see you post and of course everyone else also!
    I think the springing into spring swap is all done except for one box. Is that right?
    I thoroughly enjoyed it and am very pleased with my box and all the others sounded wonderful! I hope everyone else also enjoyed as much as I did! We all did good!!
    I hope everyone is enjoying their spring! I have tons of green babies and many new little daylily babies!! Yeah! Still more to come I am sure! I am thrilled with everyone! I have to go and check them daily and get quite excited with the little ones! I planted many extra items this year as I am giving about half to my sister to use in her baskets and flower beds in front of her house! She is thrilled as times are harder now for them (as is many people) and she can't afford to buy as many as she would like.
    Carol, I would also love to join whatever swap you are doing for April!
    Have a great weekend, everyone! Melinda

• budsnblooms
    Original Author
    15 years ago

HAPPY APRIL BIRTHDAY'S MAREA (4), SHARON (13), MARY ELLEN (17)

Yeah...I have email again.

I have heard from Kamil who wants to join our group. He had to wait until April for me to sponsor as he is a new member of GW. I am setting up a trade with him myself but he will need another person to trade with. Please email me if you would also like to set up a trade with him. Then if there are no objections, I will put his name up for membership. Please respond asap so he will be able to participate in our upcoming events.

Hugs to our Birthday gals,
    Debbie

• toomanyanimals
    15 years ago

Just thought I'd mention Michigan State University, my alma mater is in the Final Four of the College basketball's national championship tournament. Even more exciting for us since it is in being held in Detroit this year. Wish us luck.

Debbie, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well for testing on Sunday night and they help you. I loved the pictured of Gulf Shores!

Melinda, I can't imagine all the work you are doing, but it will be worth it when the yard is cleaned up.

sharon

• livelyhope
    15 years ago

Debbie - you are so kind to offer to post my pictures.
    Nancy, Dianne,Joe, and Sharon wanted to see pics of my cross "Ditch lily X Black Eyed Susan daylily". I had 1 pod to produce viable seed and I got 4 or 5 seedlings, but the tag is missing now so I will have to wait until they bloom to know which ones the are - I know the proximate vicinity and most of the other seedlings have their tags in place.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY'S MAREA,SHARON,MARY ELLEN. Happy Birthday - God Bless You. Bomb bomba bomb bomb. Happy Birthday to you. Can you hear me singing????

I am praying for you that are sick and having tough times. Don't forget to pray for me. I covet your prayers.

Miriam

• veeja11
    15 years ago

I've learned from past mistakes how to do a proper on line white elephant it is a long swap so may run into may anyone wanting to play should put togeather a secret box then send me an e-mail describing how it is wrapped. the first person to pick gets to choose any box they want. then the person who's box they chose posts a list of what is in the box, person #2 can choose any box or take away the box chosen by person #1 this continues until everyone has chosen a box. Please sign up by april 17th. lets have fun. of course your box dosen't really have to be wrapped, just imagination wrapped. hope this is ok Marea, I haven't heard from you. MaryEllen are you lost in the woods again ? I miss you

• mareas
    15 years ago

YES! YES! Sounds like GREAT fun, Carol!! I get confused & post on both this thread & our photo thread ...

WHITE ELEPHANT SIGN UP ~ Remember to describe the wrapping of your box in a private email to Carol/veeja.
    When Carol posts the list of boxes to choose from we will know who to send to by who has picked our secret wrapping!
    Melinda
    Debbie

Thanks for your birthday wishes! I've had a wonderful 74 degree day, complete with dinner at a gourmet Italian cuisine restaurante!!
    Happy Marea day to y'all & daily heartfelt prayers for you, Miriam & Nancy, ~m'
    Marea

• toomanyanimals
    15 years ago

Hi Carol,

How are you? I really like the idea of the White Elephant Swap - cool idea!
    Hope you don't think I'm butting in on your swap - I just need some silly questions answered.

I like how no one will know who is offering the package, ie. wrapping paper idea.

Questions:

So no one knows who is offering the package. Do we want to keep secret who is offering the package even after it is choosen? If so, do we email the contents to you after someone choses our box and then you post it? Or let's say Debbie choses Marea's box. Does Marea email Debbie what is in the box, Debbie posts what's in her box without letting us know who it was from?

We get all the way to the last person choosing. At that point does the first person get to choose from all of the boxes? (I've played both ways)

Are we putting only gardening items/plants/seeds in the box? Are other things allowed?

Ideas are popping into my head as we speak ... I love this White Elephant idea!
    Count me in!

Michian State University won the game yesterday. Now it is down to the Championship Basketball Game.
    We play North Carolina next .... are you reading this Shirley!
    The Tarheels (NC) are expected to beat the Spartans (MI), but ya never know. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    sharon

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Thankyou Marea and happy birthday. I tried this swap before and learned a lot from mistakes. all help is appreciated always. at this point when a box is chosen. the person who made the box will post its contents. then the next person to chose can pick a new box or steal an opened one. anything you wanna put in the box is ok, just like sending any other box, as to weather there is a round two or not, I put up to a vote signed up so far
    Debbie
    Melinda
    Sharon
    Marea ?
    come on ladies and gents, this can be a fun one

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Yes, I agree! This will be a fun one! But first, we just email you the wrapping of our gift, right. Then when someone chooses my box, I then post what is in it. And then someone else can ask for it if they want. Right?
    Just want to be sure how it works. It sounds a little different than the ones I've done before.
    Looking forward to it though! Melinda

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Carol-Count me in on the swap.

Sharon-Yes I'm rooting for the tarheels. LOL Wow that was a really good April Fools Joke. I really like getting someone good.

Miriam-I won't forget to pray for you. In fact I just did. God Bless you always.

Debbie-I guess you are doing your sleep study tonight. GOOD LUCK!!!! Let us know how it went.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAREA..........................Hope you had lots of cake and ice cream.

Shirley

• pchanggeo
    15 years ago

Happy birthday Marea. Tomorrow is my daughter's birthday (15) and we're going to Disneyland :).

Carol, is there any requirement about what should be in the box or is it anything goes? I'll sign up. Sound like fun.

Gloria, I haven't forgotten about the brugs. Some of the branches died back, so I'm waiting to make sure the branches are alive before I make cuttings for you.

Sharon, I'm rooting for Michgan State... I don't want North Carolina getting any closer to the UCLA record for most NCAA Championships :).

Thanks,
    Paul

• mamabirrd
    15 years ago

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY MAREA!!!

I'm so sorry I couldn't post sooner. If you saw what i've been doing you'd understand. I completed my big plant move this weekend with the help of a giant tree spade. Picture some 600-800 pound rootballs! I'm very sore and very tired, but happy that my trees and shrubs are moved to the new house. I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

I still have about 200 plants to dig by hand, but i'm getting there. I dug 20 Daylilies last week and thought of each of you the whole time. :) Thank you!

I gotta' get back to work but i'll be back to catch up on the posts i've missed. Hopefully i'll get a small break in the action after I take this last load of 4 trees over.

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• mareas
    15 years ago

Holy kalumba, Dawn! I bet what you did after that last load of 4 trees was collapse, like I would have!
    What ambition, to move all those!!
    When I left Ashland I was very sad to leave my Cedar baby (started from a seed & was 30 ft tall )
    so I can understand why you would undertake something so monumental! *grin*

Carol, I've tried sending my white elephant info to 3 email addresses for you & none of them worked. Email me?

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Paul just put what you would normally put in a swap box. Welcome to you and Shirley, don't forget to e-mail me describing how your box is wrapped in your imagination. my e-mail is veeja3@gmail.com dawn I don't envy you, when we moved here, we filled a 24 ft u-haul truck with pots of plants no bushes tho. The people bought my old house because of the plants, so I left lots. Melinda you have the rules down well. a senario shirley picks first and picks box #1 which is Sharon's box. sharon posts what the contents are. then person #2 can pick any box or take the one shirley picked. and on down the line, it can be a lil confusing but is worth it. Happy Birthday Marea !!! hugs carol

• mamabeargloria2007
    15 years ago

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh MAREA...HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!
    HUGS HUGS HUGS
    DEBBIE, guess whats in..... yup 20 cases of bulbs! woo hoo

and DOES ANYONE WANT TO TRADE ME SOME ANGEL TRUMPETS???? iM LOOKING FOR PURPLE N CANT FIND A ONE.... OR PINKS TOO....
    LET ME KNOW..
    EMAIL ME AT FLOWERSFORME1234@AOL.COM
    OK????
    PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    THANKS

• livelyhope
    15 years ago

Shirley thanks for your prayers - means more to me than any earthly thing. I still walk w/ a walker. I hope I can get rid of it soon.

Sounds like everyone is having fun w/ their boxes. I won't be able to join any exchanges for a while. My husbands would have to plant them for me and he has too much on his plate right now. I am just happy that I already have places ready for my new baby daylilies. I have about 10 new babies
    from the crosses of Sharon's game.

Sorry Paul & Sharon - you just didn't root hard enough.

Miriam

• veeja11
    13 years ago

Did I miss winter ? hugs to Tdl's
    carol