SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21881146

Bed Bath and Beyond - Beyond+

User
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Anyone else get the email "special limited number invite?" For $29 a year, you always get 20% off your entire order (in store and online) plus free standard shipping (no minimum).

I rarely step foot inside BBB anymore, much less buy anything.

Edited to add: Exclusions:

• Offer excludes the following: A Pea in the Pod®, Alessi, Amazon
    Echo, Arthur Court, Baby Brezza®, Baby Jogger™, Babyletto™, Babymel™,
    Baby’s Dream Furniture, BABYZEN™, BÉABA®, Bloom®, Braava Jet, Breville®,
    Brookstone®, Bugaboo, Bumbleride™, clek®, Coravin, CYBEX, DaVinci™,
    DKNY, Dyson, Ergobaby™, Fitbit™, Foundations®, franklin & ben™,
    HALO® Bassinest™, Inglesina®, kate spade, Kenneth Cole Reaction Home,
    KitchenAid® PROLINE, Kosta Boda, Le Creuset®, Lladró®, Maxi-Cosi®,
    Miele, Million Dollar Baby Classic™, Monique Lhuillier, Motherhood
    Maternity®, Mountain Buggy®, Nambe®, Nautica®, Nespresso, Nest, Oeuf,
    Orbit Baby®, Nursery Works™, Orrefors, Peg Pérego, Petunia Pickle
    Bottom®, Phil & Teds®, Quinny®, Riedel, Romero Britto™, Roomba 800
    & 900 Series Vacuums, Shun, Southern Tide, Star Wars BB8 by Sphero,
    Stokke®, storksak®, Svan®, Swarovski, Swash, Swiss Diamond, Thule®,
    Under Armour®, UPPAbaby®, Vera Bradley®, Vera Wang, Victorinox Luggage,
    Vitamix®, Waterford®, Wusthof®, diapers, wipes, formula, baby food, or
    portrait studio services.
  • Alcoholic beverages excluded where required by law. This offer does not apply to alcoholic beverages purchased in New Jersey.
  • Additional online items excluded: Beautyrest Black, Beautyrest
    Platinum Hybrid, Blaze, Bosch Stand Mixers, Carolee, George Kovacs,
    iComfort®, iSeries®, Karastan, Litter Robot, Louisiana Grills, Luminox
    Watches, Metropolitan, Minka Aire, Minka Lavery, Napolean Grills,
    Naturepedic, Nutrimill, Quoizel, Saber®, simplehuman sensor mirror pro,
    Stanley Furniture, Tempur-Pedic mattresses and bases.
  • Please note exclusions can change from time to time.

Comments (31)

• User
    7 years ago

The exclusions pretty much eliminate anything I might want to buy there!

• User
    7 years ago

I always have a 20% off coupon on hand in case a kitchen small appliance breaks down. That's all I've ever bought there.

• Related Discussions

Peony/iris/baptisia bed - mid-summer and beyond

Q

Comments (8)
    Here in zone 4, with the tall bearded iris long finished as well as the peonies, in all the beds I do have echoed plantings - or at least variations on a theme. My daylilies (other than Stella d'Oros which have just finished their first big flush) are now cranking up and blooming with the last of the Asiatic lilies, Walkers Low nepeta, blue platycodon, pink baby's breath, sedums yet to show color, and feverfew. I don't like anything to overtake the peonies; the Walkers Low could, but it has such a lovely wispy aspect, you can see the peony blooms through it. Annual fill ins carry me through until the first killing frost - get a lot of bang for the buck with petunias, statice (Limonium Sinuatum), osteospermum, alyssum, impatiens, pansies, dianthus Chinensis... Our season is pretty short for the "ever blooming" daylilies - do get another light round or two on the Stellas. And might get the same kind of repeat if I had the Happy Returns, Happy Ever Appster, Ruby Stella, etc. etc. Ever bloomning is kind of a joke for me, but I suppose a scape or two each with a bud or two counts. :-) The tall garden phlox haven't started yet and the scattered stands of Lilium Tigrinum are just about to explode - both those carry well into September.
    ...See More

Shark Steam Mop at Bed Bath & Beyond

Q

Comments (1)
    Hi SH, "Big Jobs?" Did you mean "Big Lots?"
    ...See More

SW coupons on Bed Bath & Beyond website

Q

Comments (2)
    hm, doesn't say it can't be used on wallpaper orders...thanks!
    ...See More

Isn't some terrazzo beyond renovation?

Q

Comments (4)
    Spend your money on a reputable terrazzo restoration pro please. Superior to any other floor and probably about the same price.
    ...See More
  • MtnRdRedux
    7 years ago

My thoughts exactly

• User
    7 years ago

They haven't been doing great for a long time, seems like desparate times call for desparate measures.

• User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

That's what I thought, Lukkiirish. My dad was there recently looking at coffeemakers. When he told the employee he didn't have a coupon, he said "no problem." They'd give him 20% anyway, just for asking.

DD2 did buy a lot of Claritin pillows when she switched to a king bed. Would have been nice not to go into the store numerous times since they wouldn't let her use more than one coupon each trip.

• bpath
    7 years ago

For a while there I was finding that the regular price for things in BBB was 20% higher than at Target or Macy's.

• eld6161
    7 years ago

I agree with bpathone. If you do your research, Bed. Bath and Beyond, even with 20 % off coupon , is not always the lowest price around.

• User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Most of the time not, and that's why I don't shop there. Last thing I purchased was a coffeemaker that was on sale. With the coupon, it made it less than elsewhere. I'm sure the internet has hurt sells, but when you're paying retail rental rates, it's hard to compete.

• monicakm_gw
    7 years ago

Starting a couple of years ago our 20% coupons were only good for a limited time. If you didn't use them in that time frame, they were reduced to 10%.

The BBB I shop was already 50 miles away and they've recently moved to the opposite side of the city :( Add that to my limited ability to shop and I haven't been there in a while. I'd pay $29 a year for the full 20% AND free shipping. I wonder if that includes more than one household like Amazon. Probably not.

• Jane
    7 years ago

Where I am, they let you use expired 20% off and $5 off coupons in store, as many as you want. If you buy 5 items, you can use 5 coupons. I keep the coupons in my car too. They even let me use a coupon to order something from the web site as long as I ordered it through a sales associate in the store. (I had to go to the store.) They shipped the item to my house. I also recently used a coupon on my le creuset french press. So there is no motivation for me to sign up for the service in the OP. If they stop taking the coupons, I will probably shop around more as I don't buy a lot of stuff there in a year.

• littlebug zone 5 Missouri
    7 years ago

I do what linelle does. But it seems that I haven't purchased anything there in a long time. They are too high, plus the nearest one is an hour away from me. If I want something that bad, I can get it online, usually from Amazon or maybe even Walmart, cheaper and delivered to my door in 3 days.

• joaniepoanie
    7 years ago

I don't shop there enough and receive more coupons then I could ever use. Our area also lets you use as many coupons as you have items and they can be expired up to a few years.

• Bunny
    7 years ago

At my local BBB the coupons never expire. I always buy EO shower gel there and its base price is no more than other places that sell it.

• gsciencechick
    7 years ago

Same here. It seems our store takes expired coupons. I don't go that often, but there are certain things I buy there. Their store is fairly close to home.

I will put all the coupons in my car cargo net.

• Fun2BHere
    7 years ago

I wonder if they will start being more stringent with the expiration dates on coupons and how they can be used once the membership program gets started. I rarely go there as I can usually find the product I want at the same price or less online.

• User
    7 years ago

The big clue for me was a few years back I went into one in another town close by.. It had been split into 3rds and 1/3 of it was basically a drug store without the pharmacy. Displaying make up and hair contraptions on cheap racks across from the larger scaled displays of bedding was so strange to me. It screamed desperate; I didn't like it and haven't been back.

The same thing happened at a Best Buy in our area. It was a smaller store to begin with and all of a sudden half of it was filled with furnishings from a local furniture store. To make room, half of the inventory was gone forcing people to buy items online, drive to another store or go to a different store entirely. It didn't take long before the furniture was gone.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    7 years ago

It had been split into 3rds and 1/3 of it was basically a drug store without the pharmacy. Displaying make up and hair contraptions on cheap racks across from the larger scaled displays of bedding was so strange to me. It screamed desperate; I didn't like it and haven't been back.

Yes, ours is like this. I hardly ever go in anymore.

• Jane
    7 years ago

They do have interesting products though. I go in there to look at everything, and to buy oxo palm scrubber refills. It's the only place I can find the stiffer ones that go on the stainless scrubber. I always learn about something new. Usually it's in the kitchen section. I like to look at the tableware too when they have the big displays of china and dishes. And I buy towels there - I like the microcotton and patterned decorative hand towels for the bathroom.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    7 years ago

I like to look at the tableware too when they have the big displays of china and dishes.

But ours never has anything like that. All that space went for the drugstore stuff.

• lascatx
    7 years ago

I don't go in BB&B often, but once they seemed to put Linens N Things out of business by flooding the market with 20% off coupons, the stores here quit honoring them after expiration and they sent out far fewer of them. I am starting to get them i the mail more often and I did get the email.

The 20% off coupons have encourged single larger item purchases or at least mid level purchases. That is what we have probably tended to do -- or a single smaller item we needed when we were there or couldn't find elsewhere. One summer when I bought some open stock flatware pieces (only BB&B had them open stock so I could replace lost pieces in my sons set) I also bought a set of 4 matching steak knives to get free shipping and then I bought a number of spice jars in the store because they fit my son's new rack the best. I MIGHT have broken even that year if I'd had 20% off all those smaler item, but that wasn't typical for me -- and certainly wouldn't' have saved overall. I thnk their goal would be to get me to them shop BB&B rather than Amazon or Macy's and I don't know that I would have shopped them any more if I ded have 20% off everything plus free shipping. That sounds lilke a different issue. And if they are canging the stores to be less inviting, well ......

• just_terrilynn
    7 years ago

I had a recent annoyance with BB&B. i bought a travel waterpic. When I got to NY and opened it, inside was a disgustingly filthy old unit. I'm talking very gross with built up yellow and other sludge hardened on. Some lazy BB&B person didn't even check it after a return before putting it back on the shelf. I always check the box tops but didn't think to inspect the bottom. All the rest of the box items were new and unopened. Some crook swapped out just the unit section.

• User
    7 years ago

I always have my BBB coupons with me (car or purse) and I'm able to use all the $5 and 20% coupons that apply, without expiration.

I don't go that frequently, but I'm a regular, if just to exchange my Soda Stream cartridge.

• tinam61
    7 years ago

I don't shop there, although we have one in the city near me. Last thing I bought was a baby shower gift - ordered online.

• msmeow
    7 years ago

I think BBB bought Linens n Things.

I bought a bed pillow at BBB recently and it reeked so badly from being in the store that I had to return it. I was afraid it would never air out. (And I didn't want to smell it until it did.)

Donna

• User
    7 years ago

I rarely go into BB&B. I find it a bit overwhelming, with too much product crammed into the space, including the aisles. My parents refer to it as Bed, Bath & Bullsh*t. I think a comedian actually coined that first, but I think it's rather fitting.

• OutsidePlaying
    7 years ago

I don't go into BB&B much anymore either. Like others have said, you can usually find things cheaper somewhere else, even with the 20% off coupon. I keep them in my car just in case some small appliance breaks down and I can't find something anywhere else. They have a location that's very convenient for me. I stay away from the candle corner.

• User
    7 years ago

The whole place smells like the candle corner. I swear they pump BBB scent through the air ducts.

• cupofkindnessgw
    7 years ago

I love their Wamsutta sheets and the Yankee cancles have monthly "Scent of the Month" 25% off sale that you can use a coupon for after that, like a $5 off coupon. Love the Cranberry Chutney scent.

I've gotten fabulous deals on Mikasa and found my "Antique White" pattern on the BBB clearance racks for one reason or another, and snapped them up (like eight luncheon plates for $9.99, usually $10 a piece). Got our Fitbits there, and will stock up on sundry items when I have a 20% off your entire purchase coupon, which I receive once or twice a year. I think the 20% off coupons make the "Harmon" drug store items very competitive price-wise.

I would never pay for that service however. Not Prime either. I'm not paying a retailer to shop there.... except Costco. : (

Finally, Macy's is having their "Thanks for Sharing" promotion, which gives you 10% of your Fall-Winter purchases back in the form of a gift card in January. I paid $25 for that privilage, but it was taken off sale shoes, and the associate doubled that coupon.

• User
    7 years ago

I love the Wamsutta sheets.

• 3katz4me
    7 years ago

I noticed some other company today doing this - join their club for a fee and get "free" shipping and a few other perks. Others must now be trying to get on the Amazon Prime kind of bandwagon. Doubtful that would work very well at places with more limited product offerings.