SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paulagibbs

Entryway needs some plants

Paula Gibbs
7 years ago

Don't laugh, I know it looks awful right now. Our house and entire HOA is in rehab mode. We just jackhammered out the walkway and are replacing it with floating concrete pads with stones in between. Modern is the theme.

We will eventually be widening the door, and removing the window, so the walkway will pretty much fill the 6 foot width except for 4" on either side (filed with the stones) and 2 or 3 larger areas for some kind of plants on the right.

I am looking for suggestions on plants. Obviously they can not be bushy. I would love something high and something low (mondo grass maybe), Horsetail would work, but I was hoping for something softer.

I live in Palm Springs (hot, dry desert), but this faces north. There are openings in the roof over entrance. The area by the door gets no direct sun. The area not under the roof gets hot sun in the morning in summer but covering sun sensitive plants is the norm here.

I had Yellow Wave New Zealand Flax and Jasmine in here. They were beautiful and had no problems.

This house · More Info

This house · More Info

Comments (13)