SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
odsrandy

Update Time! (I've been too quiet)

odsrandy
7 years ago

Hello Friends!

So I know I have been super quiet lately, so I figured it's time for a little update. My outside plants have taken a HUGE hit from leafminers. Every single one of my plants within a couple days were effected. Even though all the leaves are under attack, I've been still able to harvest weekly. Out of the 7 plants I have outside, only my Bhuts and my Orange Habs are fruiting currently. Nevertheless, here's a couple pics from my last few weekly harvests. I've also been making sauces, jams, and cooking with all of these too. The jams seem to be the biggest hit with everyone.

As for my indoor plants, I have started delving into hydroponics. I grow inside a 4'x4' tent. I have my Reaper plant in it's own DWC unit, and I have 5 other seedlings (Choc. Habs, Bhuts, Reaper) in a unit together. I built the unit to house the seedlings just to save space while they gain some growth. I am going to either give them each their own 5 gal DWC buckets, or I may just build them an Ebb and Flow unit. Still undecided.

Here is a side by side of my Reaper in DWC with a little over a month difference.

And here is a look at what's in the tent. Now, I know I don't have enough light in there. Things have been just fine til now but with the new growth, I have a 4'x 6 tube T5 on the way that will replace the CFL's.

I know this is a long winded post (I have a bad habit of doing that) but I've been too quiet for too long and thought I'd share what's new in my neck of the woods!

Thanks for listening!

Comments (8)

Sponsored