SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunshineandpinot

What type of dining table with this chandelier?

Lauren0319
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I have fallen in love with this chandelier.

We are in the midst of a pretty big first floor and kitchen renovation. Our dining room is the first thing you see when you enter our house. We have removed our breakfast nook and are adding a very big eat at island. Our formal dining room will be where we eat at the table. Basically, we got rid of our formal dining and have expanded our kitchen to make it much more conducive to our lifestyle.

We are having a built-in added, very similar to this. (actually identical, just lighter color paint.)

I will need to purchase a new dining room table. We'd like to seat 6-8. If I go forward with the chandelier, am I stuck with a certain "type" of table? Something formal? This is our only table. We will be eating BBQ with friends as well at Christmas dinner at this table. I do have young kids, so I was hoping to find a table with a top that is slightly distressed.

Basically, am I doing this wrong? Should I find a table first, THEN a chandelier?

Here is where we are in the reno. The dining room where the chandy will hang is on the left. Kitchen to the right.

Thank you very much for any feedback!!! I appreciate it!

And here is a BEFORE pic. Big difference! Our front door directly faces the dining room.

Comments (14)