SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elizabetheva

How do I touch up sprayed stipple/texture paint?

EvaElizabeth
7 years ago

We moved in a couple of weeks ago to our newly built house and already had a few mishaps with our white walls. I really love them, and today I think I figured out that the reason they look different than painted white walls I've seen before is because the paint is different. I bought the paint from the store the contractor uses, and when I got home I noticed that even though the colors match, I can't seem to replicate the texture. The can says it is a medium gloss paint, but it doesn't look glossy on the walls at all, I think because the paint appears to have a very fine texture additive of some kind in it.

So how can I possibly touch up my walls? Will something like Flotrol help? It is very thick, so using an artist's paint brush I was able to sort of sculpt the paint, but I had to smooth it out with my finger around the edges.

I assumed it was sprayed on, but looking very closely at the walls I'm starting to wonder if what I thought was very light drywall texture is actually paint marks from a roller. There are some places where it looks like there are faint brush marks, too.

Suggestions? I've painted before, but this is new to me.

Comments (6)