SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sheesharee

Bathroom vanity lights up or down & spray paint ?

Sheeisback_GW
13 years ago

1. Are vanity lights better up or down?

Our bathroom is in the works and the shower curtain will look like this. I'm also making a valance out of the brown floral fabric My3dogs style.

{{!gwi}}

I painted the vanity a dark chocolate brown in high gloss. The walls will be painted. Will probably be framing out the large mirror. My floor is a neutral gray but I've been ignoring it. I think the floral fabric will help tie it in fine.

I have two light bars that look like this.

{{!gwi}}

I'm ok with finishes not matching but it will bug me if the light and knobs don't match. I'm fine with chrome faucets but prefer black, ORB, or antique gold for hardware, etc. I have nothing silver/pewter in my house. I was going to buy silver knobs and call it a day, and went to twice now but just can't do it. Since the current lights work just fine and nobody sees them I can't justify buying new when I have other things I'd rather spend money on.

2.What do you think if spray paint them black or ORB and keep the white globes? I thought of replacing them but once you add up the cost I might as well just buy new lights and, again, I don't want to.

I just don't want to embrace the chrome. *grin* I guess I kind of have my mind made up about the spray paint but you guys have lots of ideas so I wanted to throw it out there first incase there's something I'm missing.

Comments (15)