SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mark_roberts49

Hardiness zones for Julia Child?

Marko Polo
7 years ago

Early this spring I bought a Julia Child rose from an online site, and it has been doing great. Loaded with flowers and has thrived. I went online a couple of weeks ago thinking of buying another and ran into a problem. The original site I bought mine from has the hardiness zone listed from 4-9, but the new site I went to has it from 6-9. I looked around the web and found both that both sets of zones are listed, but seems the 6-9 is more prominent. I am a solid zone 5 in central Iowa, although I prefer to err on the side of caution and pretend I'm a zone 4 as we can get some very low temps (-25F) every few years. So am I in trouble with Julia? I put soil around the crowns of my roses after they have dropped leaves in the fall. Will this be enough to keep her alive, or am I doomed when we hit one of those cold years? Any other suggestions on how to keep her alive besides the soil? I've only had roses the past three years, so am a bit of a newbie with only four plants. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Comments (10)