SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
matthew_witherow

Need help with my Glenn Mango tree

7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I live in the Florida Keys and planted this mango just over a year ago. Within the past 4 months or so it seems to be suffering from some sort of deficiency -- maybe several deficiencies.

I planted this tree with this Dynamite fertilizer in the hole I dug and I realize now that probably wasn't a good idea, given a mango doesn't need much fertilizer -- especially nitrogen. I'm not sure how much of an impact that may have had but thought I'd mention it.

I've since planted a Keitt mango about 15 feet from this one with no fertilizer at all and it's doing great!

The very old leaves look pretty good with a dark green uniform appearance and normal size. The last flush put out in June and those leaves never got fully dark green at maturity. They also grew a bit deformed and irregular. The newer shoots have small leaves that seem to be in bad shape right from the get go and some of the terminals have turned brown.

Can someone please take a look at the pictures I've attached and help me determine how to get this puppy back to normal? Thanks in advance!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES