saying thank you

swadepca

My husband was in the nursing home for 19 days and he died I want to send them a thank you note and what should I say in the thank you note

SaveComment1Like
Comments (1)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sail_away

I did the same when my MIL passed away, after 6 months in a foster care situation. Just think of why you feel moved to thank them. What did they do that you appreciate enough to send them a card? Just write that out. They have a demanding, sometimes thankless job, so I know they will appreciate the gesture, whatever you say.

In the case of my MIL, I thanked them the warm, kind environment they provided. I thanked them for always treating my MIL with dignity. And, finally, I told them that, if my MIL had not come there to live I don't think she would have lived as long as she did. Even though she was only there for 6 months, those 6 months made a difference in her life and in ours, due to the peace of mind it gave us to know she was in good hands when we weren't there.

Do send the thank you, even if there's not much to say. They will appreciate it, I'm sure.

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Shop Houzz Shop Houzz: Gifts That Say Thanks to the Host
By Houzz
Give your host a unique gift that will make a lasting impression
See Products
Life Thank U 4 the Gr8 Gift: How to Send Thanks in the Digital Age
We click open invitations and RSVP via text, but a handwritten thank-you is sometimes still best. Here's how to tell
Full Story
Life If You Could Talk to Your House, What Would You Say?
‘Pull yourself together’ or ‘thank you for transforming my life’? Notes to homes around the country hit us where we live
Full Story
Full service Design/ Build firm with over 15 years experience in kitchens, bathrooms, interior design, furniture,... Read More
Precision Home Solutions specializes in remodeled bath and kitchens, finished basements/bars. We keep your budget... Read More