SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
glamagrrl78

Help Decorating with my Waterfall bedroom

Julia McCabe
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hello, I have recently purchased a beautiful waterfall bedroom set in near mint condition. I am so in love with the beautiful inlay and smooth lines, and I"m excited to start figuring out how to decorate with it. The trouble is, I can't find much inspiration. I am not inclined to do a whole 1940s-theme bedroom, with chintz and candlewick bedspreads. I am more inclined to find ways to bring this furniture into a more modern look. One idea I've had is to reupholster chairs with this bee fabric that I love from spoonflower, but so far, that's all I've got. Any help is appreciated.

headboard

wardrobe (this may be headed to the living room or kitchen)

dresser
vanity and stool. There is also another full sized chair to match

gorgeous mirror to go on top of the dresser. there is also a giant matching one to go on the vanity

An art print that I found in new orleans that I love, and will also go in the bedroom in a gold frame.

fabric from spoonflower that I like. If I use it to upholster the chairs with, I may actually embroider over the bees in actual metallic thread, since the fabric is just printed and not shimmery.

Anyway, that's what I've got so far. I'm willing to abandon my bee thing if someone comes up with something I like better. I am woefully bad at home decorating, so all help and opinions are appreciated (EXCEPT PAINTING THE FURNITURE!)

ETA: my bedroom is a rental with white walls I am not allowed to paint.

Comments (23)