SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grant293

Compare noise of Sub Zero UC-15i to other under counter ice machines

Grant W
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I know the SZ UC-15i is the quietest I have ever heard, but it is about $1100 more than others I am considering and would require cabinet modification, as the cabinet was built around Hoshizaki (ADA model). The Hoshizaki AM-50 would fit with no modification as well as the Perlick H50. The Scotsman SCCG50 is priced similar to AM-50, but would require cabinet modification. The same applies to Manitowoc SM-50. Incidentally, I think I read that Manitowoc makes the SZ.

I don't require drain pump, so that is not a factor in sound. Again, I know ice makers will have sound from compressor fan, recirculation pump, ice falling, but the SZ model referenced is the quietest I have heard (maybe not even as loud as compressor on my SZ fridge). Any one who can directly compare it to any of those I mentioned, I would appreciate your insight. I am willing to pay the $1100 premium for SZ and modify cabinet, but only if I can verify / justify noise difference.

Note: I commented essentially the same thing on an older thread (after reading it and others). If I get responses there, I will be happy to take this one down, but didn't know if the title might help in illiciting a response since original thread is generic.

Comment (1)