SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mowernut

Honda HRX217HYA - Again

mowernut
7 years ago
Hey everyone. I'm back with an update and a little progress regarding my Honda mower leaving uncut blades of grass. I was in Home Depot the other day, and wandered into the lawn mower area. I happened to notice a blade set different from mine. It's Honda's earlier twin blade system called quadracut. I bought one with high hopes of curing my problem, but with minimal results. It does cut better, but I am still seeing more uncut blades than I feel I should. Here are some pictures. The top pic is the new blade set on the mower, the second is the box for them, and the bottom is the blade set that came on the mower. Quite a difference. I still think the new style that came on the mower creates too much turbulence, but that's just my opinion. After using the mower a while now there are a couple things I'm not real happy with. In the 1st pic, notice the ribbed area across the top. That's right at an inch wide, which keeps you that far from trimming up close on either side. Also, with the clip director fully closed for total mulching, quite a bit of grass still builds up in the chute. So much, that you have to remove it all in order to open the clip director door if you want to bag some. The lightness of the deck is a double edge sword so to speak. It is easy to maneuver, but hitting ruts or bumps makes the front wheels hop off the ground easily. Also as the bag fills, it tends to raise the front wheels, which makes for missed patches of grass. Guess I'll keep it for now, but it's not my favorite mower. Thanks again to all for your suggestions previously.

Comments (11)