SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux

Digital "Spring Cleaning"

MtnRdRedux
7 years ago

Okay, first a disclaimer. There was a time when we were taught how to use technology and programs. Now it is mostly self-taught because it is pretty intuitive. But I think many of us do things inefficiently because you just kind of do whatever works. Are you with me?

So, anyway, my digital life is a mess. I am running out of room on the cloud. I think I am storing several thousand photos of my kids and their friends making goofy faces, the dog, the shoes they wore that day, their thumbs, etc. I am to blame too; why take one photo when you can take 7 and pick the best one? Okay but even with inanimate motionless objects? Really?

It gets worse. I broke down and bought a new laptop. I love the people at Apple who tell me disdainfully that my (5yo, $3000) Macbook Pro is too old to be updated and serviced by them, but I can try Best Buy? The unmitigated gall.

Given my dissatisfaction with Apple, I did the only logical thing. I bought a new Macbook. I am happy/sad that they copied everything over.

How do I go about deleting some of this krap I have, in a logical way? How do I keep it from building in the future? I have 19,900 emails on my gmail acct, for example. 2700 unread.

What do you do to keep your digital life in order?

Comments (30)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus