SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

More blooms and rain

Julia WV (6b)
7 years ago

We were blessed with 3 hours of rain yesterday. Suppose to have storm latter this evening but I don't count on it as it was suppose to rain earlier today and we saw not one drop.

So here is what has been blooming for the past couple of days. I really need to start trimming foliage but no energy at this point.

BERMA ABERCROMBIE - was divided in the spring and moved to the back holding area and then replanted in the garden redo bed. I'm sure the move, dividing and replanting has set it back on scape height but she did put up several scapes. Looking forward to seeing more in bloom.

BOSS LADY - short scapes which I expected since our rainfall has been much less than typical. I didn't photo previous blooms because we were busy with our project but she seems to keep pushing out the blooms.

CARNIVAL IN BRAZIL - poor thing barely has a scape. I had removed it for the garden redo but did not get it back in with the others. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I can get that done.

LAURA HARWOOD - need I say anything?

EMPEROR'S CHOICE - has been blooming for a week now. Just a great bloomer and increaser. Short scapes this year.

RAMBUNCTIOUS ROSIE - this is the newer one I planted but I can't judge whether it will remain short scaped.

KENTUCKY LUCKY - started blooming today. It is being moved as soon as it finishes blooming. Short scapes this year. Bud count appears to be okay so far.

SUMMERTIME IDYLL - this is an early am photo. Typically by mid afernoon the petals and sepals will roll back. I have this planted in the middle of the back bed and it is crowded by Lori Jones giants so it will be moved to the front when I eliminate something else. It just started blooming here so it should last through most of August.

SELF DETERMINATION - posted previously but this one just keeps pumping out the blooms. In the garden redo bed. It is shorter in scape height than previous years. Both pics are from the same clump but different angles.

That's it for today.

Comments (7)