SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
godzillas

Plumeria theft?

godzillas
7 years ago

I was looking at one of my plumerias today and noticed it looked a little shriveled and short. When I reached over to sqeeze it the plant toppled over. Someone had cut the plumeria and stuck it back in the pot. The weird thing is they took the bottom stem and the roots. Huh? Of course I had to check my other plants to make sure they were okay and noticed some of my little seedlings were missing.

This was not a cutting that I was trying to root because I did not root any this year and I alway snip off the leaves before trying to root. This was a cutting that I received 2 or 3 years ago that was healthy last time I checked on it.

Why would they take the bottom? Why not just the entire plant? We are having our roof done so we have strangers around but then again we have people who walk around the neighborhood with roses and flowers. I assume they snipped it from other yard as they walked by.

Oh, almost forgot. We have temperatures that reach over 100. Last week was 108. Is it safe to water the potted plants every other day? I am afraid of root rot. I have been watering every 3/4 days. A few of the plants leaves are starting to droop. From the heat or over watering? Thanks for your advice.

Comments (5)