SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weedmeyer

yes, ANOTHER backsplash question

weedmeyer
7 years ago

I would love some opinions about installing my backsplash. I am a little late in asking this since the tile guy comes IN THE MORNING, but here goes. I am having marble subway tile installed. I have wanted it to go from the countertop to the bottom of the cabinets, so there would be drywall around the window. Since there is not much space there, I didn't want the tile to go around because it would have a lot of little cuts. So my question is about behind the range. The tile behind the range is also marble, but a harlequin sort of pattern with small grey dots. On the range wall, looking from right to left, should the subway tile go to the trim on the window but then only go under the window and not up around the trim on the left side of the window? Hope I am making sense. I feel like the tile behind the range should standout on its own, not run into the subway tile that is right around the window. Also, on the range wall, all the way on the left, should the tile end at the end of the upper cabinet or at the end of the counter? The table that the phone is on is going away when we enclose our front porch, so that isn't a consideration.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH