SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hannahptl

Is it worth it to change my kitchen?

mathnmusic
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I think I made a big mistake. Last Friday I asked my contractor to place my new 18x36 kitchen windows into the current location they're at (drawing #1 and photo at the end). Since then, I've decided to changed my stock cabinet supplier, and now have more options available, which has affected my cabinet layout on that wall with the windows, and want to change the window placement as well. Instead of 12-inch upper cabinets dying into the wall, I can have the 24-inch wide EZ reach corner cabinets instead. Also, instead of doing the whitish hood and whitish cabinets butting against it, I can do a wood hood that stands alone. The rough openings for the windows have been framed, but not yet installed. I hate asking my contractor to redo work, as it will cost time and labor. But is the improvement in design so much better that it's worth doing?

Below are my amateurish drawings of the kitchen wall with the windows. Sorry, I don't have any computer drawing skills, just did it by hand.

Here are the two cabinet and window layouts. Is one clearly better, and by so much that it's worth moving hell and high-water (and money from my bank account) to achieve?

The kitchen as it stands as of this moment:

If I'm going to change it, I'd better tell him NOW...

Thanks so much for your advice.

Comments (24)