SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
enduring

Looking for faucet-vessel mounted sink, handle on top, pull out spray.

enduring
7 years ago

Hi there, long time since posting on the Kitchen Forum. Hope all are well.

I am going to be redoing a laundry area in my funky basement. I have made a soapstone sink that I was going to use for my bathroom I remodeled several years ago, but ended up not using because the stone was too hard for me to finish nicely (I have my first sink in my other bathroom which I LOVE). This sink I'd like to use would be a great addition to the sinkless laundry area. I plan on setting it on something, like a vintage farm table thingy, and then plumb it. The sink is about 8" tall; might be 7" can't remember. About 18" wide and 12 or 14" front to back. As I visualize the needs, it would need a vessel like faucet. I'd like a pull out sprayer. I could try a Hansgrohe type faucet that I have in my kitchen but the handle is on the side and I like the idea of it on the top so my drippy hands are over the sink when I turn the faucet off. At this time a wall mounted faucet is not in the plans, because the wall is block. I could mount something on the wall for mounting the faucet, but then there still is the issue of drippy hands landing on the counter instead of in the sink. I could fashion a backsplash out of some soapstone though, (I'm thinking out loud) and mount a wall faucet, then the hands would drip right into the bowl :)

Here is my installed sink that has been great in my bathroom. This was planned as a utility/bathroom sink for the bathroom off the kitchen. But the sink I'm working with is not as deep and doesn't currently have a backsplash (though that could possibly be changed). The problem with this design is that I want a sprayer pull out/down on the basement sink. That is the logic with trying to find a vessel type install with pull out sprayer.

Any thoughts?

Comments (2)