SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladybugfruit

I said goodbye to Tasha today

ladybugfruit
7 years ago

With a broken heart I wanted to share that my sweet, sweet Tasha crossed the rainbow bridge this morning. We rescued her when she was only 10 weeks old and had a wonderfully too short 15 years to spoil our Princess who never stopped being the baby. We were so blessed - it was not until her final days that her age finally caught up with her and she succumbed to kidney failure. Our precious vet, who has been working closely with us since Sunday, came to the house and helped our baby make the transition so very gently and peacefully and for one final time, I held her in my arms so that she could feel my heartbeat and whispers in her ear of love and release - the most difficult gift of love we can give at the end. My heart is broken, but grateful for every moment, every walk, every demand for cookies, every snuggle and every so much everything else. Our house feels so empty and our boy Sam, whom she picked out, is grieving right along with us. He stayed close by during our last rough night together and laid next to her when she crossed the bridge.

Our lives will never be the same, but you sweet Tasha are worth every tear and all the heartache that I have now because you brought me so much pure joy. Until I see you again my forever baby - mommy loves you,

Comments (14)