SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
farrah0481

Can anyone tell me what is wrong or how to revive my peony plant

farrah0481
7 years ago

Bought a property, and inherited 3 peony plants and one possible peony not entirely sure, but it looks the same. Last season the 3 peony plants flowered and had absolutely lovely blooms. In fall i cut the plant down to about 6/7 inches off the ground. This year the plants had buds but nothing has flowered as much as last year and some buds have shrivelled up.

in an attempt to prevent last years drooping of the plant, due to the weight of the flowers i 'thinned' the plant and added some bamboo sticks for stability. we have had alot of rain and strong winds this year which has resulted in the plants stems basically falling flat to the ground :(

i will add pictures as i am completely new to this and did nothing to the peonies last year apart from water them now and again. Does anyone know wjat species these are?

This is from last yrs bloom june 2015

Cut flowers from last year june 2015

This year few blooms in june and due to the wind destroying the petals and rain i cut the spent blooms off.

Plant as of july 2016 as you can see the wind really attacked them is my plant destroyed? I really hope not

Any advice is appreciated thank you!

Comments (13)