SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_799534

Trying to create a clean scandinavian style kitchen

Lee
7 years ago

I would really appreciate some help with my kitchen layout. The biggest area I need to start with is the appliance layout. I love the look of a separate cook top and wall oven (one or two). I want to go induction and it seems I have more choices with cook tops than induction ranges. The biggest thing I want to know is do I have room to put wall ovens next to my refrigerator? This is my one chance to do the kitchen and I don't want to have any regrets. I was set to order cabinets and at the last second decided the layout was not what I wanted so I pushed back my order date...however, I really need to move forward with planning! I really want a vent hood with nothing around it, few upper cabinets, maybe a shelf or two. I love the bright, white, simple feel of scandinavian design. Here are some pics of a few ideas a designer had but the one with the wall oven on the far wall didn't seem very practical. I'm posting to give you an idea of the space as I can't seem to access the CAD drawings of my original plans. I need to seat four at the island, and need some sort of table in the eat in part. We are a family of six and also have a separate dining room. I feel like there are potentially two options for L shape with an island. One version would have the range left of sink, dishwasher on right side, and fridge tucked in the corner. Second, if possible, would be cook stop left of sink, followed by dishwasher immediatly left of sink, where it currently sits, and then wall ovens and fridge on the short wall of the L.

We will be putting in natural quartersawn white oak floors to match the rest of the first floor, cabinets will be white-not sure slab front or shaker style, and I just love the designs from Muuto and hope to put some of their pendants over the island or eat in table. Possibly butcher block island and quartz on the perimeter.

Please help. I have lost too many nights of sleep over planning this kitchen! Any ideas are thoughts are welcome. I will also try and find some before photos. Currently it's a peninsula kitchen and we put a six foot opening into the kitchen. I don't regret it based on light and traffic flow but it's made the layout a little tricky. : )

Comments (17)