SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chaitan27

Need help to ID and diagnose succulents leaves turn brown and purple

RC_South Michigan Zone 6
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I got a few succulents with no labels in the grocery store two and a half years ago. They have been doing just fine. I re-potted them about three or four times.

About a week ago, I repotted them again. I used Scotts potting mix, it is a dark soil. It is pretty hot here in summer (usually from 70 to 90 degrees), and I don't have a window directly facing south in my apartment, so I kept them out in the patio. The patio is behind the apartment, but it does get a lot of sunshine from morning to around 2 pm. Since then, we had two thunder storms, one with very heavy rain, the other one only rained about 10 minutes, but with very strong wind. I checked the plants immediately after the storm three days ago, they looked fine.

But today when I went to the patio, the plant with furry leaves has all the mature leaves turned brown or yellow (please see the first two pictures).

The other two plants (these two are the same plants) had leaves turned reddish brown or purple and all fell off. The stem of one plant also turned dark brown as shown in the last picture.

I am not sure what the problem is. I have two small aloe and a jade plant re-potted at the same time and kept at the patio, but they are doing OK.

I really appreciate it if you could help me identify these plants and the issues with them.

Thank you!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
We believe that great design should be accessible to everyone