SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laura_larosa

Do any of you grow pomegranates in containers?

I posted this in the fruit and orchards forum but thought I'd ask my friends here. Do any of you grow pomegranates up north in containers? Is their care like that of citrus? I was buying corn at a local nursery where I found some very nice pomegranate trees...and a few gorgeous Nagami kumquats. Well, you can guess what happened...;-) Those of you who know me here know I can't resist a nice tree. I did not buy the pomegranate though. I was thinking of it just now and wondering how difficult they are to grow. I don't really care for the fruit much, but my daughters do like them. On the same note, the Nagami kumquat had six ripe kumquats on it. I tried one in the car after I bought it. WOW...quite tart...but...after my initial shocked reaction, I liked it. The peel blends nicely with the tart inside. It was like eating a little bit of sunshine. I fed one to my six year old daughter who loves fruits and veggies. She was skeptical at first and just bit the end....then she stuffed the whole thing in her mouth, chewed it up, swallowed, and said, "that was good!" I know many don't like them, but I figured she would devour them...as long as they don't take the enamel off her teeth!! Anyways, any insights on the pomegranate would be appreciated.

Comments (33)