SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pattyw5

Ann could I have your opinion on this growth please?

I have several times screwed up on others photos. At times can't tell what to think on my own plants. I'm happy I cut my last odd growth out as there was a cane bore causing it to grow so oddly.

This growth is new to me and don't know what to make of it. It was found on Take It Easy. The rose was planted last spring but is still only a foot tall.

The lateral in question was 10 inches long. I take note of my rose no less than twice a day. Easy while gathering beetles. I check around the whole rose and top to bottom. This was not noticeable yesterday.

The lateral was fatter than the cane it grew from. All leaf shape was good except for the bottom set. They were skinny. The cane was green but all leaves were very dark red. None showed any signs of greening. The thorn placement was okay just red but thats not that unusual in robust growth. All were rubbery cane was rubbery. In the ten inch growth it had started six laterals. Two at the very top next to the bud.

Could this be normal growth? I already removed it because I don't even like this rose I'm sorry to say. My apologizes to those who do.

Comments (6)