SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ysfex3

Some photos of my stuff this year.

ysfex3
7 years ago

Lost a few things this year that made me sad so I haven't felt like posting any photos lately, but these are from early spring til mid-July.

'Pink Dawn' Viburnum. Lowes. Sweet smelling flowers. Foliage has intense fragrance of spicy peppers even without crushing.
'Kojo-no-mai' Cherry. Pendulous white flowers with zig-zag branches. Lovely.
'Golden Gift' Magnolia. Lemon yellow with slight green base. Smaller mature size.
'President Roosevelt' Rhododendron. Variegated foliage. White with red edging. Very stunning in person.
'Pink Pom Poms' Redbud. Double flowers. Very different. Never look fully open.
Illicium henryi. small orange, pendulous blooms. Blooming as 1ft gal specimen. Nice glossy leaves.
Pardancanda norrisii aka Candy Lily. Nice shot of my surprisingly tall specimen only planted late this Winter.
Now here was nice surprise. Found in a pot where a flowering apricot had been killed by some boring insects. I brought this pot from Greeneville, TN to Knoxville, TN, so the seed was in the pot for a while probably. Obviously a seedling of Cercis canadensis. Shows quite strong variegation in the one leaf. Will hope that a large percentage of leaves will exhibit this trait. I have an 'Alley Cat' already and this seedling shows a similar pattern of variegation, but a bit more pronounced. This is one of my most favorite moments of being a gardener.
Acer pentaphyllum. Interesting with finger like leaves. Thought to be very rare in nature. Survived the last winter and hopefully many more.
'Ryusen' Acer palmatum. Strongly weeping branches. Very vigorous growth. Can be shaped for desired effect. Gorgeous.

Thanks for looking. I'm determined not to lose anymore plants, so keep them in your thoughts. jk.

Comments (4)