SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kpanion

Several oven questions (type, size, location)

kpanion
7 years ago

I am in the planning phase of a kitchen remodel and am considering a separate oven and separate cooktop rather than a range combo. (I plan on getting an induction cooktop). Moving the oven will allow me to get my pots and pans from under my sink (yeah, I know) to under the cooktop and allow better access to a blind corner by having a large double-hinged swinging door. I'm also considering a smaller oven, whether I move it or not. Our household is currently myself, my husband, our 15 year-old son. Oldest son now married with baby and middle son in an apartment. All are in town. I usually do Thanksgiving for about 10-12 people. Husband does usually fry a turkey (13-14 pound), but I sometimes still roast one (same size).

My questions:

-Has anyone switched from a 30" oven to something smaller, and did you like or regret the smaller size? What fits, what doesn't?

-Does anyone have a "single-double" oven (under-counter, 2 ovens in the space of one, NOT a regular double oven stack)? What brand, how is performance, are readouts easy to see, etc.

-If you have or have switched to a separate cooktop and oven, do you like this set-up and how does it work for you? I see this as the only way to add better function to my storage but don't know if I'm overlooking anything.

Comments (3)