SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beachgirl315

Need help deciding brick/hardie placement...do we use lap, vertical?

beachgirl315
7 years ago

Here's our front elevation and I need help deciding on the type of Hardie product to use on our home and where on the exterior to use brick. Should we use Hardie lap siding or vertical/board and batten siding? Should we add shingles in the gables or is that too much/not right for this style house? I have no ability to visualize but I know what I like when I see it.

The foundation will be brick and the rest of the house will be Hardie. We have enough budgeted to do one front area in brick, and I'm thinking we should highlight the entry/porch area. Thoughts?

Footers ARE DUG and the blocks are placed, so nothing about the floorplan will be changed. :)

We may, however, change the lone window on the left to a circular window or some other window. Thoughts? We're open to suggestions. It's our master bath window and looks out onto the front yard/street, but two nice-sized Live Oak trees sit in front of it, so we aren't too concerned about privacy. We just think it looks a little odd as is since it can't be centered on that wall. ALSO - our door won't look like that. We're going to have an arched double fiberglass (wood-look) door.

I'd love any advice because, like I said, I don't have much ability to visualize design elements like this. Thanks!

Comments (16)