SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

Echo Maintenance Question

andrelaplume2
7 years ago

I admit my echo stuff is older...10+ years on th eblwer and trmmer; the edger is maybe 3 - its newer.. I usually replace the plug each year and fuel/air filters every few years. This year I bought the NKG plugs but tried some generic filters from amazon. The fuel filters felt about the same size and weight. The air filters seemed chintzy. I should have just gotten the echo parts but they were sold out of the kit by me so I figured I'd give these a try. I used them in 3 echo products I have: blower, trimmer and edger. Now and then I notice harder starting and issues running with the blower and trimmer....the edger is newer...seems ok. Initially they started better than ever. I do use treated gas...I know that I is not the issue. The one time I took the air filter out, rotated it, re-inserted it, restarted the blower and it seemed to run better. The filter did not look fouled or anything.

Anyway, do you think the filters (air or gas) could be causing the hard starting or running issues? I am tempted to just by the kits from HD...now in stock..they come with plugs I don't need right now but I'd save them.

Comments (14)