SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cheryl_hewitt80

Going to a Sub-Zero/Wolf Cooking Demonstration

Cheryl Hewitt
7 years ago

Tonight my BF and I are going to the Bakke Center, near Madison, WI, for the Sub-Zero and Wolf cooking demonstration dinner. I'm so excited, like ridiculously excited.

I can't wait to see what they can do with a steam oven. I've never seen one in action. Already I feel that it is going to be swoon-worthy, but my BF doesn't see the value/point of a steam oven, so I'm hoping he'll be won over.

We already jumped on the Sub-Zero wagon last week when we bought a Sub-Zero refrigerator. We got a heck of a deal, 20% off, because it was last year's display model and the store wanted it off their floor. It's a 36" built-in over-under refrigerator, panel-ready.

Initially we were planning on an all-refrigerator and an all-freezer, because we need so much refrigerator space, but still need to have some freezer space in the kitchen. But then we decided if we had some freezer space in the kitchen (BF pointed out and suggested the freezer drawers) for ice and frequently used items we'd be fine, because we could put our upright freezer in the garage or the basement. This would mean we could move the convection oven from the second island into a column on the wall and we could go from one convection and one speed oven/mw in the island to two ovens in the wall and the speed/mw Advantium in the island. More better good! :)

We were about to buy a Sub-Zero 36" integrated over-and-under all-refrigerator - panel ready and 30" dual freezer drawers when the BF realized that we'd get more cubic feet in both refrigerator and freezer space if we bought the36" built-in over-under refrigerator panel ready (that was on sale) and a set of 36" refrigerator drawers instead. For some reason the freezer in the over-under is larger than in the freezer drawers and the refrigerator drawers (36") have more space than the freezer drawers (30").

Now we'll have a beverage center in the second island instead of the convection oven.

Added bonus: the compressors are in the top of the built-in models instead of the bottom like they are in the integrated which means I won't have to tippy-toe to reach things at the back of the top shelf.

Additional bonus: Sub-Zero is manufactured locally, which means there are many service technicians in our area should we need service.

I feel like we may be going about this backwards, buying an appliance before hiring a remodeler, but we needed to make decisions about the appliances before we could finalize layout decisions so that's the order we chose to do things.

So, now I'm ready to be dazzled by ridiculously expensive appliances and a fancy-smanchy gourmet dinner. As if they didn't already have me with their big, red knobs.

Comments (13)