SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jinnylea

Brrr. Brought citrus in..Low of 35 last night

7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

The night time forecast called for a low of 35 degrees last evening, so, I brought all my potted citrus, bananas, figs and my potted cotton plant in and they spent the night in my sunroom. I had no room in my little upcycled greenhouse because that is filled to the rim with tomatoes, greens, herbs and two giant potted bananas. I took a few pictures before carrying them back outdoors this morning. It is the end of June right? Sheesh.. :D

Owari Satsuma pushing out some new growth.

Nagami Kumquat finally pushing out some new growth on the tips of the branches.
My little bushy one year old Mexican Key Lime plant that I purchased from Gurneys last spring. It was just a stick and only six inches tall when I received it . It has put on a tremendous amount of growth . Now it stands at 19 inches in height x 2 feet wide. It recently flowered and has a few fruit growing on it. The plant naturally aborted some of them.
Bearss Lime. You can see new growth on the top tips of the branches.
Dwarf Pomegranate in foreground. I need to repot it today. This is an ornamental variety.

The beautiful Cara Cara. She was a bit slow putting out any growth, but, over the last few weeks she started growing.
Gold Nugget. She is the slacker of the bunch. Finally pushing out some new growth.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County