SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
xmoonbex

I'm a renter who needs advice for our unkempt front yard

xmoonbex
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi!
I'm a new/non-gardener who is becoming increasingly frustrated with the state of the yard outside my apartment. I live in a 4 unit greystone with nice but rarely seen neighbors and landlords who are practically non-existent. The upshot of absentee landlords is that we have basically free reign of the place and our rent never increases :-).

That being said, our front yard is awful looking, especially compared to the rest of the buildings on the block, and I'd like to do something about it but I don't want to invest a TON of time or money. The front area can best be described as 3 shaded ~10' x 15' plots covered with river rocks and surrounded by a wrought iron fence. In each plot are five 2' dia circles of rich dirt (I recently weeded some of them but haven't finished).

I'm including a picture.

My main question is: what can I do myself here? What should I pay to have done? Can I get rid of all those weeds myself? I can spare about 2 hours each morning on the weekend. Any general pieces of advice?

(Sorry about the screen...I wanted a decent aerial overview and our screen doesn't open)

Thanks!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus
More Discussions