SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
snoopy3x45

What is a "Mortgage Freedom Account"

Cris Hunter
7 years ago

Hello,

I don't want to sound uneducated but maybe we are already past that.. Anyways I am reading a lot and since I am very young (18-23) and own a mortgage I am trying to be smart with my money. I was reading this but I don't understand it.

"I like it so much that I already have one which would cover approximately 60% of my mortgage. When the economy was better, my "Mortgage Freedom Account" was enough or nearly enough to pay my entire mortgage. I have no intention of touching that money for many years unless I encounter an extreme emergency."

and

"let alone the more financially conservative, intelligent and responsible practice of leaving your mortgage alone and accumulating a seperate "Mortgage Freedom Account" to grow and accumulate UNTIL you can wipe away the entire mortgage in a single check.)

The simple, unwashed advice is to rebalance your equity OUT of your real estate... probably to at least 70-80% of the total value, and move the funds to safety reserves growing in a principal-protected/insured manner."

This was taken from this thread http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2369089/cash-out-refinance-is-this-a-good-idea. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH