SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
woodyoak

garden visiting - friends' lovely garden

woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We were visiting friends this afternoon and I thought many of you would enjoy seeing the lovely garden they've made from a somewhat... um... unpromising starting point! I asked them if they'd mind me posting pictures of it here and they were OK with that - I am also sending them the link to this thread so they might drop by to respond to comments.... :-)

This picture is from April 2009 so you can see the 'before':

I have other pictures from that time - but it's now so different that I have trouble matching them up to the garden we saw today! The shed in the above picture helps orient me.... Here is a view from today looking down the length of the area along that fence:

A better view in comparison to the 'before' is this one looking back from near the rustic arbour you can see to the right of the shrub beside the shed in the previous picture:

The little patio under the umbrella is a cozy spot!

Another cozy spot is the hammock near the shed, which didn't show up in the pictures above due to the angle of the shots....

Through the rustic arbour, there is a step down into a separate lower garden:

I love this birdbath!

Qn either side of the arbour there were these plants that I thought were very attractive. They couldn't remember what their name is, but think they are an annual. The stems are thorny. Does anyone recognize this...?

On the practical side - I liked the compost area too :-)

This is a 'Goldilocks' garden :-) Big enough to have room for lots of interesting and attractive stuff and comfortable for use, but not so big that maintenance is overwhelming. A 'just right' garden!

I hope you enjoyed this garden visit as much as we did! :-)

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting