SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caterwallin

Goodbye, Rue!

caterwallin
7 years ago

Finally, I've decided to eliminate my rue bushes. I'm tired of itching from them and it's hard to avoid them. I planted them about 7 years ago to raise Black Swallowtails and Giant Swallowtails. I don't remember it bothering me at first, but then one year I thought I got poison ivy from somewhere and deduced that my itching was from the rue. My husband and I are allergic to them; he is VERY allergic to them and had to go to the doctor because of it the year before last. The plants have raised many butterflies, but if I want to raise BSTs, I'll use parsley, fennel, or dill. For the GSTs, I have wafer ash trees and gas plants, which they lay on also.

Being that I hate to toss perfectly good plants, I thought I'd offer them here, but the thing is, whoever would want them would have to be within driving distance of central PA because they're too large to mail. These are 3-ft tall bushes and probably about that wide. If I can't give them to someone, then I'll probably spray them with weed killer because I'm not touching them anymore, so that leaves out digging them. I know it's a long shot, but if anyone is interested in them and can drive here to dig them out and take them home with you, please let me know here.

Comments (3)

Sponsored