SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
three4rd47

Just got an indoor fukien tea bonsai as a gift..any care suggestions?

three4rd47
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi,

I received an indoor fukien tea. I was planning on keeping it in an enclosed sunroom. Right now, of course, it can go as high as 90 degrees out there. Is that a problem? The alternative is somewhere in the house which would involve very indirect lighting. It was sent in the mail and when I opened it today there were MANY leaves that had fallen off -likely due to the heat during shipping. I have absolutely no experience with any sort of bonsai, other than trying to grow one from seed several times to no avail. So I'd like to know what I should do. The tab that came with it says 'sunny location'....which the sunroom certainly is, but I'm not sure about the high temps out there when we are away for the day and the room is all closed up.

Also, does it need special food? And what about having it on a tray for humidity? It seems this is often done with bonsai. I am in zone 6 PA. Will it get enough light during the winter months in the sunroom? I am generally not out there in the evening so all any of my plants get out there in the way of light is just whatever the natural amount of daylight brings during all seasons. Any advice VERY welcome...

Regards,

Keith

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting