SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
david90531

Bonsai Beginner help: Juniper, Eugenia, and Fukien Tea

DavidL.ca
9 years ago

Hi there, I'm new to the Bonsai world (currently succulent and air plant grower), and over the past few weeks I acquired 3 bonsai from local nursery. They seem to know what they're doing and I think most of the bonsais looked quite healthy.

Currently I can only grow them indoor since I live in an apartment without balcony, also due to winter temperatures in Canada, but during the summer I would be able to open the windows and maybe move it to my cousin's house for some extra sun.

Anyways, I just wanted to see if these are in good condition so far, I've had the Fukien tea for only a few days, but the other two since last month, and to me they look alright so far.

Some photos and questions for each plants to follow.

The Brush Cherry:

The Juniper:
The Juniper is sprouting new growths already, am I supposed to pinch
them off? I have none to very little knowledge regarding pruning and
"pinching", so would like ome tips on that too :)

Fukien Tea:

From my research this one is the most suitable for indoor growing. It has a lot of buds coming out already, are there any tips for them to bloom nicely?

1-2 leaves are turning yellow. Is it normal? I've read somewhere that this means the soil is too wet.

I've been watering them every 3-4 days at the moment, plus daily misting to keep the moisture, and they all have a moisture tray as well. They're located near bright windows but no direct sun. Should I remove those moss near the trunk? Is there any reason those are there or just for the looks?

I hope I'm not doing anything terribly wrong, and would really appreciate some comments. Thanks in advance!

Comments (5)

Sponsored