SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
777toys

carmona microphylla (fukien tea tree) beginner, need assistance

777toys
8 years ago

hello, i have recently purchased a fukien tea plant. It is all green, very nice and everything. Small, white flowers, but no berries. I've read that they don't depend on leaf
size, but on weather it is fertilized or not. Is that true? In this case, my plant is about 5.5" big.biggest leaf(but the only exception is 1" long, others not bigger then
3/4" do you think it can have one or two exceptional big leaves?) After purchase i watered it, as the soil is dry on the surface, keep watering it when it needs. I also cut
it's damaged leaves ( about six of them ) and it had one single root sticking out of the ground, so i cut that also. I cut it by digging a small hole, and cut a small section
of the white part of the root as well with it. After that i covered the missing soild. Do you think it was a bad idea to do that? if yes, can i do something to prevent tree
deterioration? how much time does it take for such a tree to react on such messures?

it sits in the kitchen 30" away from the window that is faceing SW ( more to west ) It has direct sunlight from 16:00 to 18:30, for the rest my kitchen is a very very bright

room. Pls let me know what to do, or if I should move the plant. I am planning on purchase fertilizer like mentioned here
http://www.growabonsaitree.com/indoo...en-tea-bonsai/
this means "In early spring, use a high phosphorus fertilizer, feeding the tree weekly. In late fall, switch to a high potassium fertilizer twice a month and continue through winter"

Do you think it is a good choice?

Also there is a black bump on it's trunk. It is very moist and exfoliated. Is it normal?

Please help me provide good care of my bonsai untill i gain some experience :)
Thank you in advance,
Alex

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner