SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seil_gw

Rose Society Garden Tour Today

seil zone 6b MI
7 years ago

Because of the dwindling numbers of two of our local rose societies we decided not to have a show this year. Last year we only had 6 people bring roses between our two groups and this year two of those people are very ill and would not have been able to bring roses. Four exhibitors does not a rose show make... So in lieu of the show we decided to have a garden tour of some of our member's gardens. My garden was the first of 4 stops today and we had a great time! It was a little hot out at close to 90 degrees, and a lot of my roses had already bloomed out, but the garden looked pretty good and we had a wonderful day.

Everyone commented that it was very interesting how all our gardens are very different in styles. It was also noted how very different the same rose can look in a different garden. Three of the 4 gardens were those of us who have exhibited in the past so we do all have some of the same roses because they are good show roses. Moonstone, for instance, looked very pale in my garden but in one of the other's gardens was quite a bit deeper pink than mine and in the third one was a much bigger size. I think besides being just plain fun, the tour was also very educational for everyone!

Comments (16)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES