SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_33074446

Anyway to reduce PH several weeks after transplanting seedlings.

User
7 years ago

I live in northern California, just south of San Francisco. I transplanted my seedlings several weeks ago & noticed a stunt in all growth about 1 week ago. I've previously posted an earlier thread concerning this matter & it was brought to my attention that using wood ash within soil that is naturally high in alkalinity & was adjusted prior to transplanting my tomato seedlings into my raised beds outdoors, at the time, the soil tested at under 6.2-6.5. So I had the soil tested again, taking some from the root zones & some from other areas of the beds. The root zone soil is now at a PH of 7, which is about neutral while the other soIL was still near the levels they were before planting. The only thing that I can think could effect the ph levels in such a specific area, would have to be the wood ash that I used. Is there any possible way to begin to gently adjust the PH soil that is closest to my seedlings in order to bring it down to a better acidic level without damaging the seedlings?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH