SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pkramer60

A letter from my bank

pkramer60
7 years ago

In the mail yesterday was a letter from my bank asking for information. Now I have been a customer with them for over 25 years, so I am a bit concern why they want more info. Note that this is a joint account with my Dad.

For me, they are asking what my occupation is and to send in a copy of any government issued ID with a photo on it. For Dad, they just want the ID.

Why would they need this? They have my address and my SS number already. I hesitate to give them a copy of my drivers license as it has all the same info on it already. What differnce does my occupation make?

Why do I hesitate? Many years ago when I started to work for a major insurance company, they received this information too. For the next 3 years HR came to a number of use, requesting it again (and again). They claimed it was not in my personell file. Twice I gave it to them. The 3rd time I told them to find it or I was taking this to the VP of HR. Never heard from them again about and it was in my file 2 months later. BUT I was hit with identity theft that year.

Anyone else have to provide this information? And yes, I am going into the local branch to talk about this.

Comments (15)