SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
forhgtv

Having Fun with Meal Kits

Fun2BHere
7 years ago

Okay, upfront I will say that I recognize that meal kits are not the most economical nor the most ecologically sound idea for preparing food. With that disclaimer, I can say that I'm really enjoying the experience.

We are a couple who mostly eats grilled chicken, fish and vegetables. I like to cook, but it's easy to get into a rut because I don't want to spend an hour getting dinner on the table on weeknights. I was intrigued by the idea of meal kits after reading about them and decided to give them a try. An average meal kit takes about 30 minutes to prepare.

My first choice was Sun Basket because it shipped out of California and was one of the the most economical choices. The ingredients were fresh and nicely packaged, but the menu choices were too limited to order from them every week.

My next choice was Plated. The first week's choices of MuShu Chicken and BBQ salmon burgers were tasty. This week, we will be trying Chicken Shawarma and Shrimp Spaghetti. However, as I looked at the next few week's offerings, I didn't see much to excite me. So, we will be skipping a few weeks and trying some meals from Home Chef. I look forward to seeing how their ingredients compare.

Have any of you tried any of the services? Any wisdom to impart?

Comments (4)