SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jim_1

Panama Canal

jim_1 (Zone 5B)
7 years ago

This was my third time in the canal. First was from east to west; second time was in and out (without going all the way); and now from west to east. Those directions are generally understood by most people; in reality the canal runs north/south. I don't intend to ever be on a ship that is so large that it will be required to go through the new (much wider) set of locks. So, I am done with the canal.

5:00 a.m. (or so), we have priority going through due to a fixed schedule. All of these ships have to wait their turn. There are about the same number that are at anchor, waiting to get through. Due to the humidity, there is a haze and early-morning shots are not as clear as I would like.
Biomuseo in a park, with Panama City in the background. On a previous passage all the way through, we were near Panama City in the mid-afternoon. It was smog-like even then.
When we got back, I looked up this area and it is the Panama City Yacht Club. Click on the photo to enlarge this - really cool looking craft!
This is out of order. The port of Balboa is large and the access is only after going through the Miraflores locks.
I had never seen this before, but I am sure it has been there. This arrow points to whichever side of the two sets of locks that the pilot should steer toward.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions