SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lorianne_parker_danley

New AV: need to repot, not sure if sucker or second plant

Hello! I am a newbie in all things related to growing my own AVs. I bought one today that looks healthy, and I plan to repot it to make sure it is in good soil. Actually, I will probably use the plastic pot it came in, just change out the soil. Anyway, when I got home and started researching AVs, I learned about suckers. I started looking at my plant, and definitely see one sucker. But looking at it, I am not sure if it is just a sucker or a sucker that has become a second plant or even just a second plant. So my question: when I take it out of the pot and remove the soil from around the roots, I am guessing I will know pretty quickly if it is two plants. If it is two plants, can I simply repot them and have them out in their pots or do I have to do anything like put them in their new pots and then stick them in a plastic bag like you do when you propagate them? Also, should I pull off the sucker I see now, or wait until I have removed the soil and can see what I am dealing with? I am attaching pictures. Many thanks in advance!! Lori Anne

Comment

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH