SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
biblequizzers

Feedback on floor plan

Diana South
7 years ago

I have read many constructive comments over the past few weeks and decided to post the floor plan our architect has come up with for us. We are building on 10 acres and due to the tree lined road entrance and views the house will face south. This means most of the window exposure will be on the north. We know this is not ideal but are ok with it because it is the best for the land layout and view. We are also planning a single level home with accessibility as we are in our 50's and plan to stay in this house as long as we are able. The size is a little bigger than we had initially planned but we have four adult children and several grandchildren who we would like to have room to comfortably visit for extended time. Also my husband would like to use the study exclusively as his space and not as a bedroom. We have several changes we want to make to the plan (ignore the red markings that are on the plan now):

1. Will add 3 feet to the spare bedroom side to allow for movement of the current stairs to between the dining room and laundry to make basement easier to access (Will have an extra bedroom and small living space in basement.)

2. The extra 3 feet will also add space to the kitchen and allow for an island instead of peninsula. (the family room size will not be effected.)

1. Will not keep the corner pantry in kitchen...trying to decide whether to find space to add a walk in pantry, built in cabinet pantry space, or just a large reach in pantry ( what I have now and like)

4. Add a bay window to breakfast nook .

5. Will remove fireplace in family room and add windows there.

We are new to the garden web forum and will appreciate insights you all may have. Thanks! Here is a photo of our plans without the changes:

Comments (24)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio