SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_379020

Missing cat; forgive my distress please .

Marigold Flower
7 years ago

Not seen my big boy since afternoon Thursday; 72 hours. Cannot believe this might be happening again, then I realised it is a long bank holiday weekend here... Last year my girl vanished for six weeks; I was sure that some holiday people had taken her in and remembered a weblog I had read before I came here, a family saying they had fed a cat while they were in a holiday home then left it when they went home... Sure enough, when the season ended, she came home, starved and very distressed. I remembered then that sh ehad gone missing once before, for a holiday weekend. I had been nursing my dying collie and was not paying full attention. Been calling down the lane, and the window is open. Last time I sent out photos etc and emailed one holiday home a couple of miles away; I am very isolated here and no house within reach. He is a very sociable cat and in the past elsewhere has visited neighbours to cadge food but he would not stay away this long unless confined. As he is a tree climber I cannot put a collar on him. Well, when he comes home THAT IS IT! No more going out. Why do they do this to us! He is 12 years old, old enough to know better!

Comments (29)