SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skoldys

Help me identify weeds!

skoldys
7 years ago

I'm new to gardening. I started a bunch of seedlings indoors in March, then planted additional seeds directly in the garden. I'm not one to do anything halfway, so I also read up on companion planting and hexagonal spacing, made charts, and am planting throughout the season. But I've run into my first major snag--I can't tell the weeds from the seedlings! Many of the pictures on the internet seem to be seedlings on day one or on day 60--no where in between. Do any of you know of any good illustrated guides that show weeds in their various stages of growth? Also, I have one plant in particular that has sprung up in a lot of places, and I'm assuming it's some sort of weed, but I want to double check before I pull them because I've also never seen a few of my veggies (eggplant, quinoa), flowers (aster), and herbs (lovage) in this stage either. It has four leaves in three different sizes. Two of the leaves are elongated ovals of the same size directly across from one another. They are the middle-sized of the three sizes. The other two leaves are rounder ovals, also opposite one another. One is smaller than the elongated oval leaves and the other is larger. If it's some kind of lamb's quarter, I really want to get it out ASAP from what I've read. I appreciate any help you can offer!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting